moto voice turning by itself

colton groters

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Moto voice will turn on without me saying my phrase. Anyone experiencing similar issues or possibly know a fix?

Posted via the Android Central App

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Try retraining your phrase. Mine occasionally goes off to a certain TV commercial.:D

[Edit]> I figured it out! I was watching TV tonight and an Arby's comercial came on and when the guy said: "Loaded Curly Fries" my phone beeped and was waiting for a command. My phrase is: "Kirk to Enterprise" so it looks like I'd better retrain it. Or, what the heck, Ill just leave it like it is and get ready to laugh the next time that comercial comes on.

Last edited:

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I had the issue every time I pulled my phone out of my pocket, my fix was to disable the 'lift for moto voice' action in the Moto app. This resolved the issue for me as I didn't really use that feature.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I had the issue every time I pulled my phone out of my pocket, my fix was to disable the 'lift for moto voice' action in the Moto app. This resolved the issue for me as I didn't really use that feature.

This + re-record your activation phrase in a very quiet area, like your car (parked and not running).

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
It happens on mine too in complete silence with no motion. I'll just be sitting there doing something else and i hear the audible prompt for you to talk. It's dumb. I'm probably going to just disable moto voice... I've yet to find a situation where I can't just hit the microphone in the google search bar.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

This was my solution too.

colton groters

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

I recently enabled this feature. I will try it with this feature off and let everyone know how it works out. Thanks for all the replies so quickly!

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Yea it happens to me to. Sometimes just sitting on the table in a quiet room. Maybe I'm doing the dishes so all it could possibly hear is the sound of the dishes/water. And no movement so it can't be the lift to moto voice feature (which I turned off anyway).

People say to retrain moto voice. I still haven't tried it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol