01-26-2016 02:05 PM
62 123
tools
    I'm unsure how long the try, before return please is, for either, but if it takes you longer to pick one, you could always sell the other on swappa.com and get most of your money back.
    Just sayin'....
    Thanks, good info. Thought it was a 2 week time period, but interestingly enough when I applied for the RMA via their site they got back to me the next day with the info and labels for shipping and stuff I needed. Then it said I had a full 2 weeks from the date of that email. Surprised me as that would conceivably give someone a full month minus travel back time to them.
    I sent it back today. One week was plenty enough time as awesome the 6P is the MXP is better for what I need. Both are great devices. Where the 6P lost points was the simple comfort of being on a longer call, I just got tired of holding it. The MXP was not an issue in this regard at all. Glad to have the moto and saved myself 100 bucks to boot.
    Ry, Laura Knotek and eth555 like this.
    01-22-2016 07:09 PM
    why the nexus 5x over the Moto X pure edition? I am wondering because I just bought the Moto x pure edition but was also thinking of getting the nexus 5x. The 6p is too expensive.

I am looking at mostly the battery life. Is the nexus 5x better? because I had the nexus 6 and it was pretty bad for me.
    01-23-2016 01:39 AM
    I bought a MotoXP 64G in early October as my first Android Phone (had a Nexus 7 tablet already so familiar with android). I really was waiting for android phones to finally get iphone worthy cameras before I switched (wasn't interested in Samsung's phones.)

I really thought I'd need the expandable SD storage to store all my music and replace the old ipod classic 80G still chugging away in the armrest of my car. However, it turned out that using the phone to play music via bluetooth and using NAV/WAZE at the same time was sort of obnoxious, so the ipod remains and the phone runs NAV and phone in the car. So right now I have a phone with 192gb of storage on it including 119gb of music but I really could have just used a 64g with my apps/photos and 25% of my music catalog on my phone like I did with my prior Iphone 6.

I have T-Mobile so the wifi calling on my old Iphone 6 was key as their coverage is wonky so it's disappointing that the MotoXP isn't going to support it. I really like the MotoXP and since the update and after carefully managing apps and using greenify, my battery life has been great. The quick charging is also a great feature.

I'll switch to a Nexus 6p or whatever its replacement is later this year, along with changing carriers to Google Fi.
    01-23-2016 10:52 AM
    I got one because of the MicroSD slot. The "Moto" customizations are cool, too. The ability to have a Nexus-like experience but some other features is what took it over the top for me. Moto Maker was another reason.
    01-23-2016 11:16 AM
    The micro SD slot, moto assist features, cheaper price point and moto maker sold me on it.
    I have to say, being able to customize my phone swayed me more than it should have. I have the bamboo back w red accents and a black face and I love it! My phone is really pretty.
    I didn't realize that with marshmallow, I wouldn't be able to move my apps to the SD card without adopting it as internal storage. Had I known that, I might have gone with a phone with more internal storage to begin with, but it's not the biggest deal.
    Battery life seems the same to me w marshmallow except that I lose less battery overnight.
    I guess overall, I still feel like you get a lot more bang for your buck with the XPE.
    Oh, and something I didn't know before I bought it- the speakers on this phone are really good. It surprises me every time I use them.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Laura Knotek, cbreze and Dr Claw like this.
    01-23-2016 04:17 PM
    There is a definite difference also between the 6P's speakers. They are very good but don't have as rich, deep sound as the moto's. This was another plus for the mxp in my evaluation.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-23-2016 04:34 PM
    I bought my Moto X Pure just after launch and I'm totally satisfied.

There is just so much I love about this phone, really to much to list. The bottom line though is that it just works, all the time. That and the best battery life I've ever had on a phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-23-2016 09:23 PM
    I got my moto x because it was sub-5".. of course that was 2013 and while it was the best phone I've ever had, I've not bought one since they only make phablets now. Food for thought Moto.
    01-24-2016 09:32 PM
    I went moto because I don't trust LG or Huawei as designers or manufacturers for phones. Their reputation doesn't merit my money. Yes, having Nexus phones will help their standing in the market and their reputation. If they can incorporate these lessons, they may be worth my while in the future.
    01-26-2016 10:16 AM
    Seriously? LG is solid.. you know the 5x is their 3rd one right?
    01-26-2016 12:59 PM
    Seriously. You know they screwed up OTG in the 4 right? They couldn't feed the right voltage out of their device. Oh, and remember that glass back? Bad idea. Their design and quality has been sub-par EVERY time.
    01-26-2016 01:48 PM
    It was a little bit cheaper than the Nexus 6p (not by much after customizing it in Moto Maker). I was tired of Aluminum phones, so I bought a bamboo back Moto X (it is on its way from Motorola, don't have it in hand yet). I have good experience with Motorola (pre-Lenovo anyhow).

But Moto Maker was a big reason. I hope the phone is as good as it looks!
    01-26-2016 02:05 PM
62 123