01-20-2016 12:24 PM
30 12
tools
    I've read from others that Android Pay drains battery. Is this true?
    And is Android Pay more or less useful than Google Wallet?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Like hallux said, the biggest battery drain from Android Pay comes from the NFC chip. It's not a HUGE drain, mind you, but it's there. I keep NFC off and should I need to pay with it, I just go ahead and turn it on (or if it's off, when you open Android Pay it'll ask you to turn it on). But yeah, that defeats the tap and pay option, so you have to take a couple extra steps.

As for AP VS Wallet, the basic idea is the same, but now Wallet can only be used for peer-to-peer payments and Android Pay can be used to pay on NFC-enabled terminals with your default credit card. Think of Wallet like PayPal and of Android Pay like a chip-only credit card.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-19-2016 12:24 PM
    Been using Android Pay often since I set it up on my MXPE about six weeks ago, and I am liking it. Whole Foods takes it, my neighborhood Foodtown takes it, Century 21 Department Store takes it, as well Rite Aid. Basically any place that takes Apple Pay takes Android Pay, I've had a few cashiers be surprised that phones other than iPhones work! And more terminals are being turned on too, the lists out there of participating merchants are far from comprehensive.

I got the current Tap 10 promo - only songs though, at 2, 5 and 10 taps.
    I was wondering why I didn't get the Tap 10 promo. I thought that maybe it was going to people who don't use it to encourage new users. I guess that's not the case though and I just lost the Tap 10 lottery. No big deal, though it would have been nice.
    01-19-2016 12:44 PM
    I was wondering why I didn't get the Tap 10 promo. I thought that maybe it was going to people who don't use it to encourage new users. I guess that's not the case though and I just lost the Tap 10 lottery. No big deal, though it would have been nice.
    Another user posted a response from Google Support saying that the promo 'officially' started on 1/19 AND that users selected were 'random' (although she does go on to say that some requirements must be met). So yeah, this is a weird promo. First with random users getting it, and then with random users getting Chromecasts as the grand prize and some just getting songs.
    ScottMGS likes this.
    01-19-2016 12:55 PM
    Is there something you had to do to "sign up", beyond just installing AP & adding a card?
    01-20-2016 11:55 AM
    Nope. IF you see the promo pop up, just add the Tap 10 pay card and off you go. Tap away!
    01-20-2016 12:24 PM
30 12