Hey all,

So I have a question regarding doing a system restore. I don't root or anything like that. I've had to wipe and restore my phones going all the way back to the G1 and Android Cupcake. But I haven't yet with the Moto X Pure and I also haven't yet with Android Marshmallow, not to mention a stock, non-Samsung phone (my last 4 were all Samsung).

So now after the Marshmallow update, I'm noticing this Bluetooth bug that some others have mentioned (it just randomly sometimes cuts out audio and doesn't come back until I turn Bluetooth off and on when I'm trying to listen in my car... even though it's still connected and my car's system still does calls and reads my texts). I saw a few people say that doing a system restore helped... SO I'm considering doing one.

What my question is: what restores with Marshmallow on a Moto X Pure? Obviously e-mails, contacts, etc restore, that's a given. What about app data? Will I have to sign into all my apps again (annoying)? What about my homescreen? I'm not using an alternative home screen app, so will my layout restore? Not really worried about pictures since they're all on dropbox/google drive anyway. What about settings? Moto phrase and other Moto settings? Alarms? Etc. Game progress that isn't tied to Facebook?

Obviously I can't expect anyone to think of EVERYTHING haha, but any help would be appreciated before I take the annoying plunge. And as for the games and apps, I know I can just backup with Helium if I really decide there's stuff I have to try to save.
    01-17-2016 09:51 AM
    Go into your Google Drive app, go to Settings then Manage Backup. Your apps that CAN back up their data are managed through there. Not all apps can but as developers update their apps for MM more will show there if they enable the API. Right now I have 10 non-Google apps that manage their backups there.
    01-17-2016 12:30 PM
    Nothing. I found out. I turned off this useless feature which improved standby battery life. All that restored was old dated wallpaper from months ago. Every one of my apps I had to log in and reconfigure from scratch again. Only some apps like Nova Launcher and Podcast Republic I restored manually because I was able to back them up through the respected apps.
    01-17-2016 04:10 PM
    And what about settings for the phone and moto stuff?
    01-17-2016 04:34 PM
    And as for the games and apps, I know I can just backup with Helium if I really decide there's stuff I have to try to save.
    Does helium work with the Moto X now? I quit using it when I got the original Moto X because it wasn't compatible with Motorola phones. Haven't kept up with it since then.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-17-2016 10:43 PM
    Does helium work with the Moto X now? I quit using it when I got the original Moto X because it wasn't compatible with Motorola phones. Haven't kept up with it since then.

Posted via the Android Central App
    My 2013 Moto X is still on my Play account, I can tell Play to install Helium on that device so it's compatible.
    01-18-2016 08:21 AM
    I'm pretty sure I used Helium to restore a few game saves when switching from my Note 4 to the Moto X Pure... so yea, I think it works..
    01-18-2016 12:39 PM