Can I disable Moto Active Display and still wake the phone by waving my hand on Moto X Pure Edition?

A

AC Question

I'm thinking about buying the Moto X Pure Edition but am not a fan of the Active Display. I want to know if I can disable Moto Active Display and still wake the phone by waving my hand so I can see my normal lock screen?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about buying the Moto X Pure Edition but am not a fan of the Active Display. I want to know if I can disable Moto Active Display and still wake the phone by waving my hand so I can see my normal lock screen?

I do not believe this to be possible on the standard implementation.

Dom12

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
You can do it with automation apps. I use Automagic (automagic4android.com - available in the Play Store). You have to build automation flows yourself, or use community built flows from the forums, but it can mimic this functionality. I used it to do just that on my old GS3. I like Active Display, so I don't use that automation any more, but I have a lot of other stuff I do w/ Automagic. My primary use is to set audio profiles based on location and time of day, but I have a lot of other stuff like starting my audiobook player when I connect a headset, reading incoming messages if I have a headset connected, playing an audio notification when the battery hits full charge, etc.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I disabled the approach feature that caused it to light up. Pretty cool but got annoying fast. Now all I need do is touch it. Much better.I notice sometimes my wallpaper shows up as the lock screen. i like that over the black lock screen. Still new with the phone so will be exploring options.

jamesnote

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
I disabled the approach feature that caused it to light up. Pretty cool but got annoying fast. Now all I need do is touch it. Much better.I notice sometimes my wallpaper shows up as the lock screen. i like that over the black lock screen. Still new with the phone so will be exploring options.

Nice find! Keep us posted if you found new cool options/features as I'm also exploring my new toy. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37