I'm thinking about buying the Moto X Pure Edition but am not a fan of the Active Display. I want to know if I can disable Moto Active Display and still wake the phone by waving my hand so I can see my normal lock screen?
    01-18-2016 05:48 PM
    I'm thinking about buying the Moto X Pure Edition but am not a fan of the Active Display. I want to know if I can disable Moto Active Display and still wake the phone by waving my hand so I can see my normal lock screen?
    I do not believe this to be possible on the standard implementation.
    01-19-2016 10:06 PM
    You can do it with automation apps. I use Automagic (automagic4android.com - available in the Play Store). You have to build automation flows yourself, or use community built flows from the forums, but it can mimic this functionality. I used it to do just that on my old GS3. I like Active Display, so I don't use that automation any more, but I have a lot of other stuff I do w/ Automagic. My primary use is to set audio profiles based on location and time of day, but I have a lot of other stuff like starting my audiobook player when I connect a headset, reading incoming messages if I have a headset connected, playing an audio notification when the battery hits full charge, etc.
    01-20-2016 12:52 PM
    I disabled the approach feature that caused it to light up. Pretty cool but got annoying fast. Now all I need do is touch it. Much better.I notice sometimes my wallpaper shows up as the lock screen. i like that over the black lock screen. Still new with the phone so will be exploring options.
    jamesnote likes this.
    01-21-2016 12:46 PM
    I disabled the approach feature that caused it to light up. Pretty cool but got annoying fast. Now all I need do is touch it. Much better.I notice sometimes my wallpaper shows up as the lock screen. i like that over the black lock screen. Still new with the phone so will be exploring options.
    Nice find! Keep us posted if you found new cool options/features as I'm also exploring my new toy.
    cbreze likes this.
    01-21-2016 01:40 PM