Has anyone found a dash mount they really like?

I had a magnetic mount for my old phone I really liked, but with the curved, bamboo back on my MXPE, there's not a good way to mount the metal plate for it. I've decided I like the vent mounts, mostly 'cause it puts the phone in a better location that window/dash, which are further away. I'm also looking at CD mounts, tho I haven't tried one of those yet. I would like to find one that doesn't interfere with either the power/volume buttons on the side, or the headphone/usb ports on top/bottom. I'm just not seeing any really good solutions out there.
    01-21-2016 04:31 PM
    I like this mount from iOttie.

http://www.amazon.com/iOttie-Holder-...cUvbUpU4960531

It grips firmly on the sides and doesn't block the power port. I don't use the buttons when it's in the mount so I've never noticed if they are blocked.
    Dom12 likes this.
    01-21-2016 04:47 PM
    I use these in different cars.

Macally Adjustable Automobile Car Mount Holder with Extra Secure Cradle for iPhone, Samsung, Smartphones, iPod, MP3 and GPS (MCUP) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002JTWRN8...cUvbUpU4960765

QuGi JHD-26HD67 360 Rotate Air Vent Mount Cell Phone Holder for All Smartphones - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KWRFQKU...cUvbUpU4960765

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    Dom12 likes this.
    01-21-2016 08:15 PM
    I bought an "exogear exomount touch CD" a few days ago. I love it. Stays in place and can be adjusted easily. I was not about to put a magnet on my computer, this mount uses arms with rubber to grip.
    Expensive but great.
    Dom12 likes this.
    01-21-2016 08:46 PM
    QuGi JHD-26HD67 360 Rotate Air Vent Mount Cell Phone Holder for All Smartphones - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KWRFQKU...cUvbUpU4961622
    The arms on the QuGi look a bit small. Is it able to hold your phone steady when you're tapping on the phone?
    01-22-2016 10:32 AM
    I bought an "exogear exomount touch CD" a few days ago. I love it. Stays in place and can be adjusted easily. I was not about to put a magnet on my computer, this mount uses arms with rubber to grip.
    Expensive but great.
    I'll keep an eye on that to see if the price drops. You know your phone memory isn't affected by magnets, right?
    01-22-2016 10:36 AM
    I have a Kenu AirFrame+ (Kenu - Kenu) that I like. It fits today's wider phones. I also have the original Airframe (no "+") and it will barely fit a naked MXPE. The plus works fine.
    Dom12 likes this.
    01-22-2016 01:03 PM
    I have a Kenu AirFrame+ (Kenu - Kenu) that I like. It fits today's wider phones. I also have the original Airframe (no "+") and it will barely fit a naked MXPE. The plus works fine.
    Heh, I just put that on my Amazon wishlist after noticing it in a Lifehacker best-of list. In the video they have, it looks like it's pretty easy to put the phone in & take it out with one hand, but one Amazon reviewer said you needed 2 hands to put it in. Do you use 2 hands to get the phone in & out?
    01-22-2016 02:24 PM
    I just got this one a week ago. I was worried that the MXPE would be too big or heavy. This thing handles like a champ. Only $10.

Amazon.com: Ipow Car Air Vent Mount For iPhone 6 6+ 6S 6S Plus 5S 5,iPod Touch,Samsung Galaxy S5 S4/3 Note 2/3,Nexus,Nokia,LG G3,HTC,Black-with Two Support Arms: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Dom12 likes this.
    01-22-2016 02:56 PM
    Heh, I just put that on my Amazon wishlist after noticing it in a Lifehacker best-of list. In the video they have, it looks like it's pretty easy to put the phone in & take it out with one hand, but one Amazon reviewer said you needed 2 hands to put it in. Do you use 2 hands to get the phone in & out?
    I know taking it off with one hand is easy. I think I can put it in one-handed but I'll have to try later and get back to you.
    Dom12 likes this.
    01-22-2016 03:37 PM
    I just got this one a week ago. I was worried that the MXPE would be too big or heavy. This thing handles like a champ. Only $10.

Amazon.com: Ipow Car Air Vent Mount For iPhone 6 6+ 6S 6S Plus 5S 5,iPod Touch,Samsung Galaxy S5 S4/3 Note 2/3,Nexus,Nokia,LG G3,HTC,Black-with Two Support Arms: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Cool, I had the "[UPGRADED COMPONENT]" version of that on my list. My concern with that one was if the arms hit the volume buttons. Do you use the bottom support arms? Does the right side arm press on the volume down button, or does it contact below the buttons?
    01-22-2016 03:38 PM
    Also, if the Kenu seems to be too loose in the vent turn the connector 90 degrees. One way is good for thicker grill blades, the other for thinner.
    Dom12 likes this.
    01-22-2016 03:40 PM
    The arms on the QuGi look a bit small. Is it able to hold your phone steady when you're tapping on the phone?
    For me, it stays steady. But I hardly tap the phone (thank you Moto Voice).
    Dom12 likes this.
    01-22-2016 03:44 PM
    I've used Pro-Clip in several vehicles and have had great experiences. I only had to order a new holder for my MotoXP as the base part is designed for your vehicle. Pricey yes but they work great and are very solid.

Car Dash Mount-dpkshdw.jpg

I have a Kenu Airframe laying around but all it does is flop around on your heater vent and the phone hits the trim, meh.
    dmark44 and Dom12 like this.
    01-23-2016 11:38 AM
    I want to try this one.

http://www.shopandroid.com/panavise-...medium=content

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    01-23-2016 01:01 PM
    I've used Pro-Clip in several vehicles and have had great experiences. I only had to order a new holder for my MotoXP as the base part is designed for your vehicle. Pricey yes but they work great and are very solid.

I have a Kenu Airframe laying around but all it does is flop around on your heater vent and the phone hits the trim, meh.
    This. I've used ProClip for years, a solid solution. And easy path as mentioned when you change phones. It also hold the phone equally well either in portrait or landscape mode.
    01-24-2016 07:29 AM
    Yikes, pricey is right! A custom mount for your specific phone/car combo is cool, but $110 is way too much IMO.
    01-25-2016 08:51 AM
    Yikes, pricey is right! A custom mount for your specific phone/car combo is cool, but $110 is way too much IMO.
    It was right at $80 including shipping/tax to California for the center mount ($30) and phone holder ($35). It's painful yeah, but worth it for long term.
    01-25-2016 09:47 AM
    I know taking it off with one hand is easy. I think I can put it in one-handed but I'll have to try later and get back to you.
    It might be possible to put it in one-handed but it's not easy.

Also, mine doesn't "flop around" unless I use the thick-blade setting instead of the thin-blade setting on the air vent side.
    Dom12 and dmark44 like this.
    01-25-2016 05:15 PM
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I decided to try iOttie's CD Mount.. I'll post back with a review after it comes in.
    01-26-2016 02:13 PM
    I'm also a ProClip fan. A bit pricey, but a very clean look. Here's mine with my old Note 2. The same holder worked for my Note 4 and now also works with my Moto X Pure wearing a slim case. Cost me $65 for both parts. Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts - ProClip USA

Car Dash Mount-proclip.jpg.
    dmark44 likes this.
    01-26-2016 06:15 PM