Purchased my New MXPE on January 3rd after realizing I could sell my Droid Turbo for enough to pay off my Verizon contract - a nice surprise as I wasn't expecting to be able to upgrade for a while.

Love my New X Pure Edition.

I purchased Moto Care with phone, thinking it looked like a great deal at $50 for 15 months. My first mistake was not understanding that the coverage was NOT like the Verizon / Asurion plan, and I would not get a new phone in a day if there was a problem. That's my mistake, but my decision to buy the Pure probably wouldn't have changed because I could work around not having a phone for a few days by borrowing my girlfriend's phone.

However, after reading numerous horror stories about the Motor Care response time and very poor customer service from Motorola, I found I was almost afraid to answer the phone unless I was in in a perfect situation where I could CAREFULLY remove it from my pocket and give it my full attention. It sounds stupid, but that's how I felt, and I use my phone for business, so a delay in returning calls could be a problem.

So I decided to keep my Droid Turbo as a backup and take the $200 hit. I would have NOT purchased the Pure at this time if I knew I would have to do that, so I feel like I paid an extra $200 for the new phone. I called Motorola today, and the CSR gladly agreed to refund my Moto Care purchase, but I feel like I'm still in a hole and still overly cautious about my phone because I will have to pay in full if any repairs are needed. But at least I have a backup and won't have to wait 2 months for my phone to be repaired.

Great phone, BAD insurance... buyer beware.
    01-24-2016 09:54 PM
    Put a case on it and you'll be fine.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-24-2016 10:02 PM
    Well, yeah, except I bough the bamboo back because I like the way it looks...another mistake, I guess. I doubt Moto will refund the $50 for the wood back or pay for a case for me. I really like the unobtrusive look of the bumper case that comes with the phone, but I doubt it offers much real protection. I bought a screen protector too, but....same thing.

I just feel like I should have done more research before I made this decision, and I hope my post will help others who are considering which phone to get I'm not saying not to buy the phone - I think its awesome - just be aware of what you might be getting in to.
    01-24-2016 10:19 PM
    They hVe some nice thin clear cases on Amazon that don't make the phone much larger than it does with the bumper. Grab one of those and enjoy your phone freely. It'll be fine
    01-24-2016 10:55 PM
    Couldn't you put the Moto X Pure Edition on Asurion on Verizon? I think I've read that here.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    Tom Furlan likes this.
    01-24-2016 11:05 PM
    Square trade also offers a pretty good insurance plan. As far as a clear case, I have the casemate naked tough clear on my white, bamboo back mxpe. Good protection with a clear hard backed shell

Posted via the Android Central App
    Tom Furlan likes this.
    01-25-2016 12:17 AM
    Thankis for the advice... I'll look into that
    01-25-2016 11:16 AM
    Thanks, I'll check it out..
    01-25-2016 11:16 AM