I know its encrypted and you cant just move the card over.

I presume you have to somehow move the data back to the phone and unmount/reformat the card?
    01-27-2016 03:19 PM
    Are you referring to an SD card being used as Adoptable Storage?
    01-27-2016 03:52 PM

I presume you have to somehow move the data back to the phone and unmount/reformat the card?
    That's my understanding.
    01-28-2016 07:29 AM
    Yes, you have to move it back to the phone if you have space. If not you can move music, etc. to a computer or something. Adoptable storage is a pita for me, I do not use it on the moto x pure as 32 internal is plenty for me with left over. I do use it on my shield tablet but I really wish they would allow manual movement of apps to portable storage in m as they did with the other versions. I like that a lot better.
    01-28-2016 10:29 AM

Are you on MM ?
    Do you have your SD card set up as internal storage since you said was encrypted ?
    I found this in the quote below with steps to follow when switching the SD card to another device.

Important: when the SD card is adopted as internal storage, it is formatted and encrypted to protect your information. It cannot be removed and transferred to other device. If you want to use the SD card as portable storage or in another device after adopted as internal storage, then you need to format it. When doing so, please remember that formatting erases all the data stored in your SD card.
    If it was a portable storage setup of the SD card you could just put it in another device ,with no other action needed
    01-28-2016 10:33 AM
    only option is format...hmph. gotta figure out how to move stuff back i guess
    01-28-2016 08:08 PM
    only option is format...hmph. gotta figure out how to move stuff back i guess
    Do you have a computer? If so....

One way would be to copy info off your sd card onto your computer .Then format the card for the replacement phone. After doing that move the info back to your sd card .
    01-29-2016 09:10 AM