Moto Voice

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
So I didn't find out a topic specific for this great feature. I have a question regarding calls. For example "OK Moto, Call "Name" Mobile/Home" there is an interval where I have to wait for the Voice to spell the name. Is there any way to bypass this stage? It says "call now" but it doesn't seem to work when I say it. I have to tap the number to call faster and this is not the best thing, especially when I'm driving.

By the way I discovered that you can directly ask for football (soccer for the US people) scores. "OK Moto, what's the score Barcelona Real Madrid" and then you can get the nice lady telling you the score (live score or final result). It will probably work for other sports too.
Also another command that I use is: "OK Moto, Create an event" and you can have a calendar event (it works without Google Now which I have disabled"

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
So I didn't find out a topic specific for this great feature. I have a question regarding calls. For example "OK Moto, Call "Name" Mobile/Home" there is an interval where I have to wait for the Voice to spell the name. Is there any way to bypass this stage? It says "call now" but it doesn't seem to work when I say it. I have to tap the number to call faster and this is not the best thing, especially when I'm driving.

By the way I discovered that you can directly ask for football (soccer for the US people) scores. "OK Moto, what's the score Barcelona Real Madrid" and then you can get the nice lady telling you the score (live score or final result). It will probably work for other sports too.
Also another command that I use is: "OK Moto, Create an event" and you can have a calendar event (it works without Google Now which I have disabled"

I've never been one for talking to my phone, but with Moto Voice I kind of enjoy doing it, even when I don't want to know anything, I'll ask "Ok Moto, how far away is Saturn" I mainly use it in the car though, and I feel your frustration when you ask it to call someone. It does take a couple more steps, but in the end I always manage to call the person I'm looking to speak to.

Can you connect your phone through Bluetooth in the car, I find using the car dashboard buttons quicker for calling someone than saying "OK Moto.."

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I still am embarrassed to use it in front of people, but it's really helpful.
My dashboard buttons are not fast either. I have to manually scroll through my pretty long contact list to find the number I want.
The spelling part of the contact is really not helpful and takes some of my time, but it's OK.

Are there any voice commands that you find useful or maybe want to share?
I use the "what's the weather" and "set an alarm", I also loved saying goodnight but now it has been ruined by Marshmallow.

maraki1224

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
You all probably knew this already, but a really cool feature of Moto Voice I recently learned about is that if you are holding the phone down by your side and lift it up to your ear, Moto Voice is activated and can be used like a normal phone conversation, not on speaker.

Dom12

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
The 2 things I use moto voice for are random google searches and reminders. When my kids ask me something and I don't know the answer, I just pull out my phone and repeat the question. I use reminders a lot, whether it's to check the pizza in 10 minutes, take out the trash every Thursday evening, or pick up some light bulbs next time I'm at Home Depot.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Bumping this up, as Moto Voice seems to have some problems lately.
The commands that are in the Moto Voice list work without any problems. I can call, send WhatsApp, take selfies etc.
However it seems I cannot do other thing that I used to. Setting reminders, alarms, creating calendar events, getting navigation instructions etc.
The search seems to freeze in the Google search window.
I believe it has something to do with Moto Voice and Google Voice not working nicely anymore.
Can anyone test some commands and tell me?

Dom12

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
The only voice search issue I have is (I assume?) actually a Nova problem. I have the double-tap gesture in Nova set to open voice search, and sometimes the voice search screen comes up (white screen with the 4 floating colored dots at the top), but it never starts listening. But as long as Google's listening (and I have a data connection of course) I have no problems with what I use it for. I don't think I've ever set a calendar event with voice, but the rest of the things you name (reminders, alarms, nav) I do regularly.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that Moto Voice seems to be suuuuper sloooow lately. I had this problem with the OG Moto X after about a year. Maybe a moto thing but I feel that my wife's LG G3 is much faster and more responsive at times.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
The only voice search issue I have is (I assume?) actually a Nova problem. I have the double-tap gesture in Nova set to open voice search, and sometimes the voice search screen comes up (white screen with the 4 floating colored dots at the top), but it never starts listening. But as long as Google's listening (and I have a data connection of course) I have no problems with what I use it for. I don't think I've ever set a calendar event with voice, but the rest of the things you name (reminders, alarms, nav) I do regularly.

I've read in the Moto forums that it's a problem with the Google app itself.
The thing with the 4 floating dots happens a lot recently. Regular moto voice commands work fine, but the problem is with google commands. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't (most of the time I must say).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome