Upgraded from an LG G2.

I decided to not make SD card part of internal storage. For now, after installing all my apps, I am using 11GB out of 16GB. I do not store pics or vids on my camera, so this is fine for a while.

I installed free Nova launcher, since the stock icons are so huge. Was that the right move?

Just transferred my old contacts stored in Verizon's “Backup Assistant” app via new app called “Verizon Cloud” to transfer the data between phones (not via cloud). Only copied over my contacts. Trying to keep this phone lean and mean.

I just enabled the battery percentage display by long pressing the settings gear.

What next?
    02-05-2016 09:39 AM
    One of the first App which I installed was the Nova Launcher. Don't worry, lots of others did the same and if you like it a lot, spring for the Pro version. This is one App which I definitely want to support the Dev.
    02-05-2016 10:13 AM
    Nova is one of the few apps I've purchased & I definitely have no regrets. If you want to customize your screen a bit, Nova is an excellent option.

Next, I'd play with the Moto bits, Actions, Voice & Display (open the Moto app, click on the little stars in the top right corner). I turned off the flashlight chop but I use the rest of the actions, like all of them a lot. I don't use much of the Voice stuff for any more than Google does by itself, but some people get a lot of mileage out of that. The display section of the Moto app gives you some configuration options for Moto Doze, which I really like.
    02-05-2016 01:16 PM
    Upgraded from an LG G2.

I decided to not make SD card part of internal storage. For now, after installing all my apps, I am using 11GB out of 16GB. I do not store pics or vids on my camera, so this is fine for a while.

I installed free Nova launcher, since the stock icons are so huge. Was that the right move?

Just transferred my old contacts stored in Verizon's “Backup Assistant” app via new app called “Verizon Cloud” to transfer the data between phones (not via cloud). Only copied over my contacts. Trying to keep this phone lean and mean.

I just enabled the battery percentage display by long pressing the settings gear.

What next?
    What SD card are you using?

You should transfer those contacts into your Google Account.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-05-2016 06:36 PM
    Yea, I think moving contacts into Google makes sense.
    Is there a certain SD card I should be using? I was just going to use the one out of my GoPro.
    02-06-2016 07:31 AM
    Installed my 128GB mSD card, and selected "external storage"

I exported my contacts on the VZ website into a CSV, and imported the CSV into Gmail.

I also connected up my BlueTooth devices, and changed the device name.
    Bluetooth -> More Settings -> Overflow menu -> Rename this Device
    02-08-2016 07:08 PM
    How do I set the default storage drive (mSD) for various apps?
    If I take a pic, I want it to be stored on external mSD, not internal.
    Does this get set on an app by app basis?
    02-10-2016 06:50 PM
    My tip to you is enjoy the device. I have the 16gb model and love it.
    02-10-2016 08:07 PM
    I have had nova prime for years and it's all I had used for a long time, but I recently changed to smart launcher. I bought the pay version. I still like nova but at the moment I am really enjoying smart, I can always go back and forth if I choose.

How do I set the default storage drive (mSD) for various apps?
    If I take a pic, I want it to be stored on external mSD, not internal.
    Does this get set on an app by app basis?
    There is a setting in the phone, you spin the settings wheel until you see an sd card. Yes, it gets done on an individual basis. Keep in mind that with marshmallow you cannot move apps themselves to the sdcard in portable mode as you could in lollipop.
    02-10-2016 08:48 PM
    How do you spin the settings wheel? I don't see where you can do that.
    02-13-2016 08:02 AM
    How do you spin the settings wheel? I don't see where you can do that.
    Hold the phone in landscape mode. On the left drag your finger from tbe speaker into the screen and it should pop out. It does not in portrait mode, at least on mine.
    02-13-2016 05:55 PM
    No, the same basic pull down menu appears, except it comes from the left side and not the top.
    02-13-2016 06:24 PM
    Think they mean in the camera app, although it works in either portrait or landscape. Slide out from the left and drag the settings wheel till you see an sd card. Select it and choose store photos on external card
    02-15-2016 12:19 AM
    Ok, got the camera set to SD.
    02-15-2016 10:08 AM