Is it worth it switching to a Moto X Pure from a Droid Turbo 2?

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I was flip-flopping between getting the Pure and the Turbo 2. I eventually decided on the Turbo 2 for its more future proof internals, better battery, smaller form factor, and the smokin' deal I got on it through Verizon trade-in promos. However, the more I think of it the more I have reservations about not going with the lack of bloatware, all carrier compatibility, stereo speakers, faster updates and unlocked bootloader of the Pure.

Is it worth it to switch over to the Pure from the Turbo 2? I'm curious in particular about the battery, how much worse is the Pure in that regard? It's probably the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger. For reference I get about 4-5 hours of SOT running the battery all the way down in my Turbo 2 with everything turned on over 24ish hours.

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
You made the wrong choice. Non carrier phones are the only way to go now. IMHO When available, of course. The battery on the pure is totally acceptable for most. I get 4 hours SOT no problem. All that being said, the only thing about the turbo 2 that bothers me is the reports of bad screens and the bloat.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You made the wrong choice. Non carrier phones are the only way to go now. IMHO When available, of course. The battery on the pure is totally acceptable for most. I get 4 hours SOT no problem. All that being said, the only thing about the turbo 2 that bothers me is the reports of bad screens and the bloat.

The choices are limited for Verizon customers though..

Nexus 6
Moto X Pure Edition (third gen)
Nexus 5X
Nexus 6P

And the recent iPhones.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

lewwill

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I was flip-flopping between getting the Pure and the Turbo 2. I eventually decided on the Turbo 2 for its more future proof internals, better battery, smaller form factor, and the smokin' deal I got on it through Verizon trade-in promos. However, the more I think of it the more I have reservations about not going with the lack of bloatware, all carrier compatibility, stereo speakers, faster updates and unlocked bootloader of the Pure.

Is it worth it to switch over to the Pure from the Turbo 2? I'm curious in particular about the battery, how much worse is the Pure in that regard? It's probably the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger. For reference I get about 4-5 hours of SOT running the battery all the way down in my Turbo 2 with everything turned on over 24ish hours.

I Have a Pure and my wife has a Turbo 2. We got an early upgrade and good deal from VZ from her 2014 Moto X that is not getting updated to MM. The battery on my Pure is very good and there is not that much bloat on the Turbo 2. Both good phones and we hopefully have avoided the "green line" batch. Both have 64GB internal memory and 128GB external micro sd chips due to photos and music. No complaints on either but waiting for MM update on the T2.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm also looking at either the moto x pure or turbo 2 as a backup phone. I already had the Pure and liked it, (gave it to my mom) Is the turbo better? The turbo's price has come down, closer to the Pure, or is the pure still the better value? Thanks

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm also looking at either the moto x pure or turbo 2 as a backup phone. I already had the Pure and liked it, (gave it to my mom) Is the turbo better? The turbo's price has come down, closer to the Pure, or is the pure still the better value? Thanks

I would go with the Pure just because it's sim unlocked. You'll have more options than VZ in case you need them.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey