Hi all,
    I just wanted to post a note here. I shattered my Note5's screen (AMOLED display is dead now), and so I needed a replacement phone that wasn't too expensive, but was still a reasonably decent phone. I didn't have many expectations for the MXPE, other than I wanted a phone that was more or less stock Android (and the further away from Touchwiz the better).

Maybe the secret to enjoying a device is to have low expectations for it, but something amazing happened - I really enjoy using this phone. From the front facing speakers (never thought I'd really care for what the speakers in a phone were like, this thing proved me to be an fool, since it makes a big difference), to the Moto enhancements (karate chop for flashlight is genius), I really find myself wanting to use this phone all the time.

It actually is faster than the Note5 in daily operations (opening apps, multitasking, etc.). Not sure if that is Marshmallow vs. Lollipop, or just the lack of TouchWiz, but either way, I am happy.

Battery life is the only issue. Long screen times results in a short use time for the phone. But I've discovered that since most of the time I am using PushBullet and my Pebble Time Round for notifications and time, the MXPE actually lasts me over a day of use. Doze really helps - battery drain in Marshmallow seems much lower than my Note 5. So by the end of the day, the two devices end up with a similar amount of battery left.

I also enjoy the way the device feels. The Note5 was too slippery in hand, even though it looked really nice. The curve on the back of the MXPE, and the Bamboo wood back make it a much more holdable phone.

Anyhow, for around $400, this is a great phone - carrier unlocked, SD card, and mostly stock Android. Liking it a lot so far!
    libra89, Liskrig, hrbib21 and 3 others like this.
    02-08-2016 10:29 AM
    That's actually good to know! I'm looking for a new phone and I didn't even consider the MX Pure. How would you rate the camera's shutter speed compared to the Note 5? I take a lot of photos for my job and rely on a quick shutter as opposed to standing there for 20 seconds while a Clear Image renders lol (OnePlus One problems haha)
    02-08-2016 11:45 AM
    The phone snaps images incredibly quickly. In fact, I maintain that it is almost too quick - I use a separate camera app that allows me to do a hold press to focus, and then release to take the shot. I say that it is too quick because vibrations can get transmitted since it snaps so quickly.

That said, the Note5 does have a superior camera - OIS, better low light sensitivity, etc. But I have a mirrorless camera for taking pics, but for the odd snapshot of the kids, quick snaps when out and about, this camera is more than enough for my purposes.
    Laura Knotek and Liskrig like this.
    02-08-2016 01:02 PM
    I agree with everything you've said, Kodos. I came from a Note 3 and battery life with the MXPE is my only issue. It could definitely be better but the Quick Charge 2.0 is great. I have an Aukey QC 2.0 portable charger that solves any battery issues.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-08-2016 06:58 PM
    What is Doze? Do I have it on my 6.0 Marsh? I use like 3% battery life overnight, while sitting.
    My battery life kicks ***. Still at 65% by dinner time.
    02-08-2016 07:26 PM
    In my experience the moto x pure in normal lighting is more than a match for the Note 5 or any other phone. Low light is the only negative with the moto x.
    02-08-2016 07:29 PM
    What is Doze? Do I have it on my 6.0 Marsh? I use like 3% battery life overnight, while sitting.
    It's part of Marshmallow.
    02-09-2016 03:48 AM
    I like this phone better than any I have ever owned and that includes iphone.
    hrbib21 and kodos like this.
    02-09-2016 07:41 PM
    Doze is probably the reason why you only use 3% battery overnight

Inside Marshmallow: What is Doze, how do I use it and what does it do? | Android Central
    02-10-2016 08:12 AM
    I have to admit, I love my MXPE. The phones fast, fluid, looks good and the battery life hasn't failed me yet. I enjoy Moto Display, so much so that my next phone will need to have something similar.

I got a cognac leather back, which has aged well - its a lot darker now than when I got it, but I like it - it's got character
    02-10-2016 08:15 AM
    I came from the note 3 but I had a big battery in it, 10k mah.
    my main concern is the loss of some screen real estate to the on screen button bar, back-home-recent apps. it seems it effectively makes it a 5.5" screen. note 3 and mxpe both have a 5.7" screen but the capacitive buttons are not taking up screen real estate
    02-10-2016 10:50 AM
    I was a little concerned about the lack of capacitive buttons - because my Note5 had them. But then I handed my phone to my wife, and she was very grateful it didn't have those buttons to bump into. She hated using my Note5 (she's an iPhone user) because she inevitably hit one of those buttons accidentally. She doesn't have that problem here. Plus, they work better when in landscape, which is a nice bonus!

However, on Windows 10 mobile I could hide and show them whenever I wanted. I don't think I can do that with Marshmallow?
    02-11-2016 01:01 PM