Infra-Red Sensor Question

sevoman

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Regarding the IR sensors/emitters on the corners of the Moto X Pure
Can anyone confirm that once the screen is on, the emitters stop emitting IR beams.

Basically, are the beams only on when the phone is laying flat, screen off and inactive or are they always on?

Thanks

sunny_j

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Can anyone confirm that once the screen is on, the emitters stop emitting IR beams.

Basically, are the beams only on when the phone is laying flat, screen off and inactive or are they always on?

Thanks

The ir sensors activate once the screen is turned off. Regardless of the position the phone is in.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Thanks

I know they are on in all positions so long as the phone screen is off. Got to ask though, why is this a concern? The YT clip is showing that cellphone cameras can "see" IR. I've not tried it yet. :)

https://youtu.be/7S0dbgmANQ4

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok... I couldn't stand not knowing. ( I have two MXPE's ) The little trick to see the IR does work, though the room has to be dark. The IR beams only blast when the display is off. Now I know. Just don't know why I want to.:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon