Why is my screen dimming by itself? (MXPE)

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Greetings all,

My MXPE has started doing something weird. Every couple days or so the screen randomly goes to full dim by itself. It won't respond to the brightness adjustment. However, certain screens DO stay at the commanded brightness, such as the the Settings screen.

The only way I've figured out to fix it is to reboot. FYI I do not use Adaptive Brightness.

Thanks.

Jjnw

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem. Seems to have started a few weeks ago. Reboot fixes it. Ugh.

Greetings all,

My MXPE has started doing something weird. Every couple days or so the screen randomly goes to full dim by itself. It won't respond to the brightness adjustment. However, certain screens DO stay at the commanded brightness, such as the the Settings screen.

The only way I've figured out to fix it is to reboot. FYI I do not use Adaptive Brightness.

Thanks.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
It happened a couple of times to me, some months ago. It was twice in the same week I think.
It then stopped and have never experienced it again.
I don't know if it was a coincidence, but it happened at times when I was outside and with lots of people. Once at a basketball game and the other time at the airport. My initial thoughts were that somehow I did it accidentally (although this is not as easy as it is with volume for example). The problem was that despite changing brightness from the slider, the brightness was still at the lowest value. (I also don't use adaptive brightness).
As I said, I haven't experienced it again for about 2-3 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid