03-08-2017 07:54 PM
33 12
tools
    Didi you solved this problem? I´m facing the same... Motorola support wants to factory reset (again), this is coming from the "notification bar" bug, I did a FR, but I can get my PC recognize my phone...
    Nop never got it fixed, no quickcharge and PC not recognizing my phone. I just gave up waiting for moto z or Nexus.
    07-22-2016 04:15 PM
    I was struggling with this myself, and I just revoked the previous usb debugging authorizations, and it connected immediately. I don't know if you have already found a solution, considering this is a very old thread, but I hope it helps.
    12-07-2016 08:47 AM
    12-08-2016 02:39 PM
    Go to "Settings" and find "About Phone" (should be at the bottom of the screen)
    * Before hitting "About Phone," see if "Developer Options" is an option (would be above "About Phone." If so, disregard the next few steps*

Scroll to the bottom and repeatedly tap "Build Number." After 10 or so hits a screen will pop up and say that Developer Options is enabled.

And reboot the phone. It worked out for me.
    Hope it will work out for others aswell.
    12-26-2016 10:59 PM
    Thanks Ronnie. worked
    01-02-2017 07:45 PM
    I am having the same problem with a new device which came with marshmallow, except I have an imac and a pc and neither will recognize my device. I tried downloading motorola's MDM (device manager) but it did nothing. Developer Options doesn't show up, only Build Number. What is the next step after tapping Build Number and Developer Options is enabled? Thank you for your help!!
    02-07-2017 01:57 PM
    I had a similar problem, and it gave me hell for a while. My computer (Windows 7) recognized my Moto X Pure 2015 but when I clicked on the device it was like a blank folder and the SD card was also invisible. Reinstalling the drivers in device manager accomplished nothing. Reformatting the SD card was useless.

Luckily, in my Google research I stumbled upon this thread I read Ronnie's response to the OP:

When you plug it to your computer pull your notification shade down and choose "USB storage " or whatever it says anyway choose something like transfer files. Problem is you have to do it each and every time far as I can tell.
    Note: This notification tile only shows up after you've plugged in the device. Once plugged in, swipe down from the top of the screen, tap the USB Storage icon and select to use the device as charging AND file transfer. That did the trick for me immediately.

For those of you who don't receive this tile in the notifications shade when your device is plugged in via USB, I wish you the best of luck!
    02-27-2017 09:10 PM
    recently my pc stopped recognizing my moto x pure, when ever i plugged it in.
    i have windows 10 and usualy it says the device is connected, but now it either will not show it connected or will give me a message.
    image of message when trying to connect it to pc. https://gyazo.com/46462150a83c04bbda51efb98904dd68

i have the drivers installed already and i retried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers...
    i tried restarting my pc and phone many times..
    i have usb debugging off, i even tried to toggle it on and off..
    i tried many usb cables and ports. still not working. it charges the phone but will not do anything els...
    there is no notification on the phone that pops up. .

im really in a deep issue with this one.. please help.

Ok I figured out the fix at least on my laptop.

1. I downloaded windows 10 drivers for the Moyo X Pure Edition here... https://www.andromods.com/download-f...-fastboot.html

2. After installing I still had the same problem so I went into the Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Device Manager.

3. Scroll down until you see the Yellow triangle with the "!" Right Click on it and click on and select "Update Driver Software"

4. Click on "Browse My Computer fort Driver Software"

5. Click on "Let Me Pick From the list of devise drivers on my computer"

6. There will be two options in the box.. I tried the top selection and nothing then I tried the bottom selection and poof!! It worked!

Problem solved on my computer side.

Once it does connect, you still have to slide notification bar down on the phone and select file transfer from the usb prompt every time you connect but its the same with the moto G 3rd gen. Just get used to it caus there is no way to set it as default!
    03-08-2017 07:54 PM
33 12