PC no longer recognizing my Moto X Pure Edition

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
recently my pc stopped recognizing my moto x pure, when ever i plugged it in.
i have windows 10 and usualy it says the device is connected, but now it either will not show it connected or will give me a message.
image of message when trying to connect it to pc. https://gyazo.com/46462150a83c04bbda51efb98904dd68

i have the drivers installed already and i retried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers...
i tried restarting my pc and phone many times..
i have usb debugging off, i even tried to toggle it on and off..
i tried many usb cables and ports. still not working. it charges the phone but will not do anything els...
there is no notification on the phone that pops up. .

im really in a deep issue with this one.. please help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Ronnie Sandifer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
When you plug it to your computer pull your notification shade down and choose "USB storage " or whatever it says anyway choose something like transfer files. Problem is you have to do it each and every time far as I can tell.

GeoB301

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
If it still doesn't work, try this:

Go to "Settings" and find "About Phone" (should be at the bottom of the screen)
* Before hitting "About Phone," see if "Developer Options" is an option (would be above "About Phone." If so, disregard the next few steps*

Scroll to the bottom and repeatedly tap "Build Number." After 10 or so hits a screen will pop up and say that Developer Options is enabled.

Back out of that screen and go into Developer Options.

Scroll down until you see "Select USB Configuration" and select "MTP". It may take 30 seconds to a minute for the computer to recognize the switch within the phone.

Hope it helps!

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
If it still doesn't work, try this:

Go to "Settings" and find "About Phone" (should be at the bottom of the screen)
* Before hitting "About Phone," see if "Developer Options" is an option (would be above "About Phone." If so, disregard the next few steps*

Scroll to the bottom and repeatedly tap "Build Number." After 10 or so hits a screen will pop up and say that Developer Options is enabled.

Back out of that screen and go into Developer Options.

Scroll down until you see "Select USB Configuration" and select "MTP". It may take 30 seconds to a minute for the computer to recognize the switch within the phone.

Hope it helps!
Tried that already no use, sadly.

Ronnie Sandifer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I couldn't help here is a pic of my wife's moto x but it's the same on mine as long as computer is awake and running I plug phone up and then pull down notification shade and see this and then I tap where it says USB for charging and then select transfer files.

Attachments

• 1456533523317.jpg
    1456533523317.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 37

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I couldn't help here is a pic of my wife's moto x but it's the same on mine as long as computer is awake and running I plug phone up and then pull down notification shade and see this and then I tap where it says USB for charging and then select transfer files.
Yea I said before , I don't get that notification at all, I even tried switching in developer settings.

Ronnie Sandifer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
After reading your original post it sounds like it may be a PC problem and not phone problem. Will the PC recognize any other micro USB device. Use that same cable and USB output on the computer and see if you can plug a tablet or another phone up and see if it recognizes it. No matter if that is in your notification shade or not your windows explorer should see the phone

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
After reading your original post it sounds like it may be a PC problem and not phone problem. Will the PC recognize any other micro USB device. Use that same cable and USB output on the computer and see if you can plug a tablet or another phone up and see if it recognizes it. No matter if that is in your notification shade or not your windows explorer should see the phone
Yes my PC recognize my lg g4 and g3 with all the cables I used..

rasmith1959

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
It's more likely a Windows driver problem. Look in device manager in your windows pc and look for any USB devices with a yellow exclamation mark. If you see one right click on it and select update driver and see if that helps.

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
If you are getting the frequent updates of Windows 10, that could knock it out. I'd copy the driver file and keep a copy elsewhere if you can if it is Windows.

Like a previous poster said, check the device drivers. Windows thinks it knows everything about drivers, and it doesn't. If it installs the "driver" first, watch out. You got warned about that on XP and I'm not finding 7Pro any better when it comes to drivers.

I've seen this with other software - The old Macromedia Freehand on Windows 98SE used to uninstall my Canon printer. That was listed in the windows drivers, so I'd add about 20 copies to do an assignment. It was a bug, Macromedia admitted it and sent me a patch.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
If you are getting the frequent updates of Windows 10, that could knock it out. I'd copy the driver file and keep a copy elsewhere if you can if it is Windows.

Like a previous poster said, check the device drivers. Windows thinks it knows everything about drivers, and it doesn't. If it installs the "driver" first, watch out. You got warned about that on XP and I'm not finding 7Pro any better when it comes to drivers.

I've seen this with other software - The old Macromedia Freehand on Windows 98SE used to uninstall my Canon printer. That was listed in the windows drivers, so I'd add about 20 copies to do an assignment. It was a bug, Macromedia admitted it and sent me a patch.
Im not even getting the message anymore as i stated in first post. Now when i plug my phone in nothing shows up on pc indicate that ita pluged in.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Ever since Marshmallow I've had the same issue. Things that the phone needs to be connected to the computer for, it works... Like charging, running Helium Backup... I guess those are the only two. But the phone simply does not show up in Windows Explorer to go through the files. Even after wiping my phone.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Ever since Marshmallow I've had the same issue. Things that the phone needs to be connected to the computer for, it works... Like charging, running Helium Backup... I guess those are the only two. But the phone simply does not show up in Windows Explorer to go through the files. Even after wiping my phone.
My phone charges but nothing shows up on the PC indicated that it's plugged in, and nothing pops up on the phone, only shows charging icon on battery. Very odd, I had this issue sense I flashed stock mm rom.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Also is ur turbo charging working because mine isn't anymore. No matter what I use.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Turbo Charge works still yes. And like I said, for me anyway, the computer still "sees" the phone, I just can't access the folders of storage on it.