03-08-2017 07:54 PM
33 12
tools
    recently my pc stopped recognizing my moto x pure, when ever i plugged it in.
    i have windows 10 and usualy it says the device is connected, but now it either will not show it connected or will give me a message.
    image of message when trying to connect it to pc. https://gyazo.com/46462150a83c04bbda51efb98904dd68

i have the drivers installed already and i retried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers...
    i tried restarting my pc and phone many times..
    i have usb debugging off, i even tried to toggle it on and off..
    i tried many usb cables and ports. still not working. it charges the phone but will not do anything els...
    there is no notification on the phone that pops up. .

im really in a deep issue with this one.. please help.
    02-25-2016 03:28 AM
    I've been seeing a few posts about different Moto phones on Marshmallow having issues with PC connection:

How do I transfer files from my phone to my laptop on my Moto G after Marshmallow?
    I upgrade to Android 6 in my MOTO G2 phone, now my phone is not connecting to my laptop.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...llow-woes.html

It might be a Motorola issue. Have you checked Motorola/Lenovo's own user forums? Make sure you give them this feedback.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-25-2016 01:26 PM
    When you plug it to your computer pull your notification shade down and choose "USB storage " or whatever it says anyway choose something like transfer files. Problem is you have to do it each and every time far as I can tell.
    02-25-2016 07:55 PM
    If it still doesn't work, try this:

Go to "Settings" and find "About Phone" (should be at the bottom of the screen)
    * Before hitting "About Phone," see if "Developer Options" is an option (would be above "About Phone." If so, disregard the next few steps*

Scroll to the bottom and repeatedly tap "Build Number." After 10 or so hits a screen will pop up and say that Developer Options is enabled.

Back out of that screen and go into Developer Options.

Scroll down until you see "Select USB Configuration" and select "MTP". It may take 30 seconds to a minute for the computer to recognize the switch within the phone.

Hope it helps!
    02-25-2016 10:14 PM
    If it still doesn't work, try this:

Go to "Settings" and find "About Phone" (should be at the bottom of the screen)
    * Before hitting "About Phone," see if "Developer Options" is an option (would be above "About Phone." If so, disregard the next few steps*

Scroll to the bottom and repeatedly tap "Build Number." After 10 or so hits a screen will pop up and say that Developer Options is enabled.

Back out of that screen and go into Developer Options.

Scroll down until you see "Select USB Configuration" and select "MTP". It may take 30 seconds to a minute for the computer to recognize the switch within the phone.

Hope it helps!
    Tried that already no use, sadly.
    02-26-2016 04:07 AM
    When you plug it to your computer pull your notification shade down and choose "USB storage " or whatever it says anyway choose something like transfer files. Problem is you have to do it each and every time far as I can tell.
    There is no notification at all.
    02-26-2016 04:08 AM
    So idk maybe it's my phone..
    02-26-2016 06:14 PM
    Sorry I couldn't help here is a pic of my wife's moto x but it's the same on mine as long as computer is awake and running I plug phone up and then pull down notification shade and see this and then I tap where it says USB for charging and then select transfer files.
    Attached Thumbnails PC no longer recognizing my Moto X Pure Edition-1456533523317.jpg  
    02-26-2016 06:40 PM
    Sorry I couldn't help here is a pic of my wife's moto x but it's the same on mine as long as computer is awake and running I plug phone up and then pull down notification shade and see this and then I tap where it says USB for charging and then select transfer files.
    Yea I said before , I don't get that notification at all, I even tried switching in developer settings.
    02-26-2016 06:51 PM
    After reading your original post it sounds like it may be a PC problem and not phone problem. Will the PC recognize any other micro USB device. Use that same cable and USB output on the computer and see if you can plug a tablet or another phone up and see if it recognizes it. No matter if that is in your notification shade or not your windows explorer should see the phone
    02-26-2016 07:00 PM
    After reading your original post it sounds like it may be a PC problem and not phone problem. Will the PC recognize any other micro USB device. Use that same cable and USB output on the computer and see if you can plug a tablet or another phone up and see if it recognizes it. No matter if that is in your notification shade or not your windows explorer should see the phone
    Yes my PC recognize my lg g4 and g3 with all the cables I used..
    02-28-2016 04:49 PM
    Well looks like you have checked everything I would have checked. I have no clue.
    02-28-2016 04:52 PM
    Well looks like you have checked everything I would have checked. I have no clue.
    Guess its some sort of hardware issue, idk for fact sense i havent tried another pc. I dont get it. It cant be the micro port because i can still charge.
    02-29-2016 03:35 AM
    It's more likely a Windows driver problem. Look in device manager in your windows pc and look for any USB devices with a yellow exclamation mark. If you see one right click on it and select update driver and see if that helps.
    02-29-2016 03:53 AM
    If you are getting the frequent updates of Windows 10, that could knock it out. I'd copy the driver file and keep a copy elsewhere if you can if it is Windows.

Like a previous poster said, check the device drivers. Windows thinks it knows everything about drivers, and it doesn't. If it installs the "driver" first, watch out. You got warned about that on XP and I'm not finding 7Pro any better when it comes to drivers.

I've seen this with other software - The old Macromedia Freehand on Windows 98SE used to uninstall my Canon printer. That was listed in the windows drivers, so I'd add about 20 copies to do an assignment. It was a bug, Macromedia admitted it and sent me a patch.
    02-29-2016 07:43 AM
    If you are getting the frequent updates of Windows 10, that could knock it out. I'd copy the driver file and keep a copy elsewhere if you can if it is Windows.

Like a previous poster said, check the device drivers. Windows thinks it knows everything about drivers, and it doesn't. If it installs the "driver" first, watch out. You got warned about that on XP and I'm not finding 7Pro any better when it comes to drivers.

I've seen this with other software - The old Macromedia Freehand on Windows 98SE used to uninstall my Canon printer. That was listed in the windows drivers, so I'd add about 20 copies to do an assignment. It was a bug, Macromedia admitted it and sent me a patch.
    Im not even getting the message anymore as i stated in first post. Now when i plug my phone in nothing shows up on pc indicate that ita pluged in.
    03-01-2016 05:12 AM
    Ever since Marshmallow I've had the same issue. Things that the phone needs to be connected to the computer for, it works... Like charging, running Helium Backup... I guess those are the only two. But the phone simply does not show up in Windows Explorer to go through the files. Even after wiping my phone.
    03-01-2016 01:02 PM
    Ever since Marshmallow I've had the same issue. Things that the phone needs to be connected to the computer for, it works... Like charging, running Helium Backup... I guess those are the only two. But the phone simply does not show up in Windows Explorer to go through the files. Even after wiping my phone.
    My phone charges but nothing shows up on the PC indicated that it's plugged in, and nothing pops up on the phone, only shows charging icon on battery. Very odd, I had this issue sense I flashed stock mm rom.
    03-01-2016 06:09 PM
    Also is ur turbo charging working because mine isn't anymore. No matter what I use.
    03-01-2016 06:10 PM
    Turbo Charge works still yes. And like I said, for me anyway, the computer still "sees" the phone, I just can't access the folders of storage on it.
    03-01-2016 10:44 PM
    Turbo Charge works still yes. And like I said, for me anyway, the computer still "sees" the phone, I just can't access the folders of storage on it.
    I see. Do u get a notification on you phone when you plug it in like the pulldown maybe you need to switch the usb mode
    03-02-2016 04:00 AM
    Didi you solved this problem? I´m facing the same... Motorola support wants to factory reset (again), this is coming from the "notification bar" bug, I did a FR, but I can get my PC recognize my phone...
    05-17-2016 05:17 PM
    same problem here, I just said screw it and used Asus File Manager App, it was super easy. Seems Lenmoto has given up on creating good apps smh
    06-02-2016 08:11 PM
    Same problem here
    06-04-2016 07:35 PM
    The only fix that worked for me (just now) was to download Wondershare Mobile Go. It basically had me activate "developer options" in the settings (you simply tap the build number several times) and then enable USB debugging (why it is disabled is a mystery to begin with) and then I was able to access the files on my MXP through my PC. I was a cheapskate and purchased the 16GB version so I've been out of space to basically do anything and couldn't offload my pics and vids. This did the trick. Hopefully I can find out how to change ALL storage to go to my memory card. Not sure how to make that happen. Hopefully we'll get the Moto Z or Moto X 2016 here soon as well!

Anyhow, hope that helps.
    06-06-2016 12:19 PM
33 12