Really bad choppy audio with bluetooth when walking unless I hold my phone [Moto X Pure Edition], how can I fix this?

Craig-KTK

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
really bad choppy audio with bluetooth when walking unless i hold my phone [Moto X Pure Edition]

My phone is a Moto X pure / Android 6.0 . this has been going on since i got it . it does it no matter if battery is full on both phone and headphones . i have tried putting a hard case on front of screen and a pocket clip so phone is outside pocket. the only time it doesnt do it is when i hold it in my hand or if i am wearing a jacket with a hood and i put the phone in the hood

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: really bad choppy audio with bluetooth when walking unless i hold my phone [Moto X Pure Edition]

Hi there,

I've moved your thread to the Moto X Pure Edition forum so that you will get better attention from people who have this device.

I have that device, but I haven't experienced that problem.

Does it matter if you put the phone in a different pocket, say left front instead of right front?

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: really bad choppy audio with bluetooth when walking unless i hold my phone [Moto X Pure Edition]

The range of your headphones could be an issue too.

You should definitely try carrying the phone on different parts of your body. If it works well at an armband, or at that level, it could be the strength of the receiver in the headphones.

I had Motorola wrap around headphones and it had issues depending on where I carried my phone.

FYI, I have had good success with the 1st generation Jaybird Bluebuds X. They advertised that their Bluetooth strength was strong and that your could wear your phone just about anywhere you want. I've used them with my phone in left, right and back pockets and most often with my Moto X at my waist using a Spi-belt. The only time I get interference is when I bend down to tie my shoe.

My old HTC phone had the opposite problem, when I put my left hand on it, it would skip... The BT grip of death.

Dom12

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

I had this problem with my old GS3. It was somewhat sporadic, but happened with multiple BT headsets. Since I got the Moto, I've had the issue less often, but it still occurs occasionally. I have no idea why it happens some times and not others. And like you said, holding the phone in your hand seems to help when it does this.

Craig-KTK

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site

i have tried different pockets with same outcome

Craig-KTK

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site

its not range, i can put phone down and walk about 15 feet away before i start to lose signal

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

its not range, i can put phone down and walk about 15 feet away before i start to lose signal
I guess I should be careful with the word range. Your range with a clear line of site between devices is good. But the range with your body as a partial obstruction may be significantly reduced.

You could try an arm band if you're willing.

What headphones are you using with your Moto X?

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Sounds like a headphone issue.

Craig-KTK

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site

I went out and got an arm band it cut the problem down by 99%. Soooooo much better now. My headphones are Powerbeats

Glenn Roe

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I had random choppiness due to slow SD card. I moved my audio files to main storage and the problem went away. Of course that had nothing to do with holding the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1