This thing whatever it is is killing my battery. What is it? I thought it was the body detection security thing, but I disabled it.
    I can't disable the app or force stop it. It's the top battery killer (18%). Any ideas? Also, it the battery usage list the GPS shows
    (green bar) but it's clearly off in the app drawer.
    03-01-2016 08:25 PM
    03-01-2016 08:40 PM
    The Modality services are used to detect the phone's orientation and if it's flat on a table or moving (in your pocket, car, etc). Apps like Moto Display or Assist (in Lollipop) use it. You could try a couple of things. Disable Moto Display and any driving mode, restart your phone and see if it makes a difference. Also I would wipe the cache partition from recovery.
    03-01-2016 09:09 PM
    Well I have all of those "assist" nonsense features shut off even the screen wave wake up feature so there should be zero battery drain there. Actually, this all started when I shut down those features. Might have to do a wipe and reset but this can't be good on a 3 week phone. I'll see what this battery cycle analysis says before the next charge.
    03-02-2016 03:54 AM
    So far today the Modality hasn't shown up in the battery detail usage. I've not done anything except the customary overnight charge. Glad it's gone but I hate how things fix themselves without knowing the cause.
    03-02-2016 09:44 AM
    Glad the drain is gone! Sometimes this kind of glitch is just temporary.
    03-02-2016 05:56 PM
    I actually ended up moving on with my life by doing a factory reset. The Display option under Moto Actions was unresponsive. It just just flashed. The ir sensors didn't work. Could have been user error after messing with various settings. I don't know. Rather than spend additional hours Googling this and Googling that and registering on obscure websites, I just did a wipe reset which of course fixed everything. It's really amazing how seamless a reset works. My phone looks exactly the same, right down to my home screen pic.
    03-03-2016 04:59 AM
    Terrible battery drain here too since activating yesterday from Verizon. Upgraded right away to Marshmallow after power up. Battery would show let's say 97 % battery life with 4 hours left. The screen seems to take up most power even in darkest setting. What could be wrong? Any help?
    03-16-2016 04:13 AM
    Terrible battery drain here too since activating yesterday from Verizon. Upgraded right away to Marshmallow after power up. Battery would show let's say 97 % battery life with 4 hours left. The screen seems to take up most power even in darkest setting. What could be wrong? Any help?
    A new phone, especially after an OS Update, will take several days for background stuff to complete and battery life will settle down. Give it a week and let us know how much screen on time, time off charger and cell service quality for a review.

A suggestion: GSam Battery Monitor app provides lots of info and the latest version even provides some info on Doze performance.
    Shimon Mor likes this.
    03-16-2016 10:25 AM
    Thanks. It once became 76% with 1 day 7 hours left which was good. Now it's 37% left with 7 hours remaining. Will observe.
    03-16-2016 11:09 AM