03-28-2016 08:29 PM
28 12
tools
    Another update. Phone is functioning fine, still no issues with slowdowns or freezes. One small but annoying issue has cropped up, discussed here:

google play store - Android Marshmallow keeps moving apps to internal storage after update - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange

Basically, based on a particular flag in the apk manifest, some apps will not automatically migrate to adoptable storage during setup. Many of those apps can be manually moved to the SD card. However, when those apps update via the play store, they will move back to internal storage. So, every once in a while, I move updated apps back to the SD card. Not a big deal, and a problem that should go away as developers get comfortable with adoptable storage, but not quite " set it and forget it".

Posted via the Android Central App
    This is an ongoing issue...and it's super annoying on my S5, which makes me feel that Adopted storage is a gimmick. I don't need the OS to manage my media storage for me and would prefer being able to remove the card and load it up how I prefer.

Can you do a bulk move or do you have to manually move each app individually?
    03-28-2016 03:02 PM
    You have to move each app individually. By the way, some apps ( t Mobile Voicemail, Google fit, wunderlist) don't work correctly (or at all) on the SD card, so you do have to watch for misbehaving apps.

If you have enough internal storage on your S5, I would go back to traditional portable storage, and just use the SD for media storage. In my case, I already had a speedy 64 GB card, and wanted to try it out (and save $200). Works for me because I'm a bit of a phone nerd but I probably wouldn't recommend adoptable storage to my friends.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-28-2016 04:52 PM
    Stick with the 64gb. I have the 32gb.

Posted via the Android Central App with my Moto X Pure
    03-28-2016 08:29 PM
28 12