04-21-2016 09:45 PM
36 12
tools
    any one able to get more than a day battery life?
    03-15-2016 03:08 PM
    Depends on how much I use it. Some days I go to bed with 30%. Other days I go to bed with 60%. But I charge it every night so I start the day fresh with 100%. Not many phones out there that can last two days with heavy use. If it's lightly used...many phones can last two days. Now try to define "heavy" and "light" use....
    03-15-2016 03:27 PM
    Mine typically has around 55% left after 14 hours of use. That's better than I've gotten with previous devices I've had.
    BlurryEyed likes this.
    03-15-2016 03:41 PM
    Mine's never died before the end of the day so it would go into a 2nd day no prob. Like most though I charge overnight so no wondering or worries during the next day. Start full, guaranteed to last all day which is all that matters.
    03-15-2016 05:06 PM
    I'm a heavy user. No full day use for me. My Nexus 7 2013 on the other hand can doze for days and days so I imagine untouched this phone would last quite a while

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-15-2016 11:37 PM
    I could if I tried.

I was only expecting a day based on screen resolution, processor, and battery size. I'm getting a day if I'm not around a charger.

But I'm around a charger at my desk at work and on my long commute in the car.
    03-16-2016 06:38 PM
    I could if I tried.

I was only expecting a day based on screen resolution, processor, and battery size. I'm getting a day if I'm not around a charger.

But I'm around a charger at my desk at work and on my long commute in the car.
    Me too. I am a moderate user for the most part, and I usually have about 60% left or so at the end of the day. I put mine on the charger every night and can't remember the last time I had to charge it during the day. If I need to, though, the turbo charger is awesome.

03-16-2016 07:54 PM
    Not with more than 1hr 30 mins SOT

03-16-2016 09:54 PM
    Not with more than 1hr 30 mins SOT

I'm at 1 hour 40 minutes SOT with 54% battery left. Brightness at 50%.
    03-16-2016 10:06 PM
    I think SOT is kind of subjective as to what your screen is doing when on. Some SOT activities are power intensive and some use hardly any with everything in-between as well. Watching netflix for 8 hours can't be done without charging as it is so power intensive while using a night clock app for 8 hours does not use much juice. I use a night clock display during the day a lot and the screen is on constantly and get 10 hrs SOT by the time I plug in at night. SOT IMO is not a good indicator by itself.
    03-16-2016 10:35 PM
    Cell standby takes most of my battery, not sure why

03-16-2016 10:59 PM
    Cell standby takes most of my battery, not sure why

Poor signal.

03-16-2016 11:06 PM
    My battery life is much improved when I'm lucky enough to maintain a strong signal. I have no problem going a full day in the weaker areas.
    03-17-2016 08:03 AM
    I always get a full day of use. I only had to go in battery saver mode once and that was on a trip where we were gone all day and into the late evening. I was using the phone for a lot of quick photos and other things.

I noticed I started getting better battery life when I switched to Nova Launcher. When I tried Aviate I got much worse battery. Google Now isnt bad at all but I seem to get just a little better battery consistently with Nova. Not sure why, I honestly thought any launcher would eat more battery since it is running on top of the stock system.
    03-17-2016 09:41 AM
    I use mine a lot and only get about half a day out of it before charging.
    n8prkr likes this.
    03-17-2016 01:44 PM
    About in the 50% range at end of day, but light usage . However, WiFi and BT are never turned off (not in constant use though) so that's good enough for me. GPS though is a huge power vampire.

I tried the battery saver mode and got an incredible 3 or 4 days by being mindful of what I really needed to do.
    03-18-2016 04:34 AM
    I get around 1 day and a half with about 2-2.5h of SOT.
    As other people said there are many factors that can change this.
    According to GSam my biggest drain is Phone Radio, although my signal is pretty decent.
    03-18-2016 06:30 PM
    My signal is terrible where I work.

Attached Thumbnails any one able to get more than a day battery life?-14480.jpg  
    03-18-2016 07:11 PM
    I charge at least 2 times a day on a school day, but i do get weak or no signal inside the school

Posted via Android Central App
    03-22-2016 06:11 PM
    Can someone post his charging times?
    I mean with the official Turbo Charger. What are normal values?
    Initial battery percentage-time to full etc. Or if you have time with intervals.
    I checked it today and I think charging was a bit slow.
    26% to 44% in first 10'
    44% to 62% in next 10'
    62% to 85% in next 20'
    Is this OK?
    03-24-2016 04:55 AM
    My signal is terrible where I work.

My signal has never been great at work either but what has seemed to help me is to keep it on WiFi. You could also put your phone in airplane mode and only turn it off when you have a few minutes to check your phone. Well, I guess that only works if you don't really need to use your phone a lot during the day.
    03-24-2016 08:46 AM
    I just upgraded to a Galaxy S7 Edge and, for a phone that has only 600 mAh over the Moto X, the battery life is phenomenal, or maybe my Moto X's is just bad. I get about double the battery life on my GS7.

I wondered why this was, so I've been comparing the two and I found that the percentage of battery the Moto X's screen uses is always so much higher than anything else, even with the brightness really low. Even if I unplugged my GS7 and used it straight until it died, the screen would never have the highest battery drain.

Normally I could get as low as 2 and as high as 3 hours SOT on my Moto X. My Galaxy S7 Edge gets anywhere from 5 to 6 hours SOT. All LTE on both devices, since I don't have Wi-Fi at home. Is the display on the Moto X really just inefficient?
    04-03-2016 08:41 AM
    The Moto uses an IPS LCD screen which is an "older" technology compared to the AMOLED Samsung uses. The LCD will be brighter and much easier to see outside in the sunlight compared to the AMOLED. But other than the brightness issue, generally speaking, the AMOLED is better as far as gamut, contrast and efficiency. But all those advantages are useless if you can'e see your screen outside. I remember my Galaxy S4 was useless outside. I'm sure the S7 is better now...but the tech is still limited compared to LCD as far as brightness.
    04-03-2016 11:34 AM
    The Moto uses an IPS LCD screen which is an "older" technology compared to the AMOLED Samsung uses. The LCD will be brighter and much easier to see outside in the sunlight compared to the AMOLED. But other than the brightness issue, generally speaking, the AMOLED is better as far as gamut, contrast and efficiency. But all those advantages are useless if you can'e see your screen outside. I remember my Galaxy S4 was useless outside. I'm sure the S7 is better now...but the tech is still limited compared to LCD as far as brightness.
    My Moto X definitely gets brighter than my Galaxy S7 Edge, but I have no issues seeing my Galaxy S7 Edge outside. And even on the lowest brightness setting, my Moto X's battery life can't touch my Galaxy S7 Edge on the highest brightness setting.

But iPhones still get great battery life with LCD displays, so I don't see why the Moto X's should take up so much power.
    04-03-2016 01:00 PM
    My Moto X definitely gets brighter than my Galaxy S7 Edge, but I have no issues seeing my Galaxy S7 Edge outside. And even on the lowest brightness setting, my Moto X's battery life can't touch my Galaxy S7 Edge on the highest brightness setting.

But iPhones still get great battery life with LCD displays, so I don't see why the Moto X's should take up so much power.
    It's just the Android OS and I bet that Moto didn't use the best IPS (trying to cut costs).

VZW Moto X DE/N7
    04-03-2016 05:52 PM
36 12