Thinking about going from a 2014 moto x to a pure edition

sholzer

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
The price is crazy cheap. 300 for 16gb and I'll add an SD card for 10 bucks. I was looking at the Nexus 5x because I love the size of my moto x 2014 but the reality is I need more battery. I'm connected to a cord half the time and it's annoying. For 300, can I really go wrong? Not loving the size cause its big but other than that.....any reason not to? Any reason to stay small and get the 5x? I have an upgrade but not till Sept so I thought this could tie me over. Thoughts?

n8prkr

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say this phone gets excellent battery life.
I get bad cell reception at work, big drain.
Big screen, big drain.
I'm a heavy user, big drain.
If I don't use it at all I can get a day out of it, but then what's the point?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 14480.jpg
    14480.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 66

Williboy

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
It's a great phone, you wouldn't regret upgrading. I get a day out of mine, but the best thing is, it charges in about an hour. So you aren't tied to a cord half the day.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say this phone gets excellent battery life.
I get bad cell reception at work, big drain.
Big screen, big drain.
I'm a heavy user, big drain.
If I don't use it at all I can get a day out of it, but then what's the point?

I have bad reception at work, too. As an experiment, try turning off the cell radio while at work and see how the battery fares. Any phone's battery will suffer when the cell signal is that bad.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm my experience battery life on the Pure is only very slightly better than the 2014. (I too have poor reception at work.)

sholzer

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I bit...
So......the size is a love hate thing. I love that its big and clear and easy to use, I hate its a touch big to handle one handed. Maybe I blame my parents for short fingers.

Apples to apples on a a day at work I was able to not plug in and get through the entire day with 20%. I typically would have charge at lunch, and again mid day, and again before gym, and probably at night lol. I think the radio may be better so that may help, and obviously with a fresh load its not junked up. Still loaded all my apps but another plus is 6.0. Very smooth, 3gb or ram is nice too. Camera is way better front and back. The only thing is the size.....

Now I need a case, something a bit more grippy and I think ill be ok.....for 300 its probably a better tie over till fall when I have an upgrade than the nexus IMO

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Yep, the sale price now at BB for the MXPE 16GB is very tempting, but I'm holding out for the next version of the MXPE in the fall time frame...hopefully. That said, a big price drop for the 32GB or 64GB versions would be very hard to pass up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670