Sudden Realization about my Bluetooth Issues

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
So I've posted a few times before about this (and some other people have posted too), that I've had various issues with Bluetooth in my car disconnecting. Sometimes it's still connected (it shows the song I'm playing, progress through the song, can change tracks, everything, but the audio comes out of the phone. Usually takes randomly closing and reopening apps, shutting off and turning on the radio, or rebooting the phone to fix. It got worse after Marshmallow update, people told me to do a system restore, and now it's kind of where it was before Marshamallow, which is to say, it still happens, but it's not as bad (it was multiple times a day after the inital update, but before and now it's like multiple times a week.

Anyway, I just came to a sudden realization... It doesn't happen with my Jambox or my Sony bluetooth headphones...

Does that mean it's:

1) A problem with the phone with regards to how it handles Bluetooth in my car?
2) A problem with my car?

It's a 2016 Ford Escape (the Sync 3 system).

Any ideas? This is like the only issue I have with my phone. Would love to get it to just work right all the time.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I've got a 2016 Ford Escape Titanium (you can see the pic of it in the photos thread) Both of my MXPE's work very well with the cars system. When I first got the vehicle I had some real issues getting anything to pair. Once I factory reset the Sync it all became seamless. Have you tried that?

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Wow... I wonder if we're the only two people on earth with both a 2016 Ford Escape Titanium and a Moto X Pure? Haha. Pretty wild.

Anyway no I did not, I didn't even know there was a factory reset option... Now I'm thinking I should try that... Will it affect my Sirius XM account?

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Also, did you have issues similar to mine ever? Where it was definitely paired, and usually the music would come through, but here and there it would just disconnect and/or stay connected but the music would be played through the phone even though it's clearly connected and showing on the screen what song is playing and i can change songs from the steering wheel and everything?

peppersforpeace

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I have a Subaru but may be able to help since the fix was used by people with other brands. Been having a no-auto connect to the car bluetooth issue with the Moto Pure. It seems that the car treats a device differently when you pair it using the stereo buttons, versus the voice control system. I had been pairing though the button commands, but as soon as I cleared it out and re-paired using voice commands and the steering wheel buttons the phone behaves as it should with auto connecting, playing songs, next and back buttons, moto voice through steering wheel mic etc.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
It does nothing to your Sirius account. You'll have to repair your device and any favorites you've placed on the navigation. Do it! :)

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
OK SO...

Checking back in, and it's not as simple as "it worked" ... But overall, for now anyway, things are working better... Here's what's happening.

After Restoring Factory Settings (and deleting the Sync from my phone's Bluetooth history), I resynced and it worked as expected. It worked all day. Then the next morning, I got in and hit Spotify, and it showed the song that's playing on the screen in the car, but the music started playing out of my phone. I then tried playing a podcast through a different music app and just the "Bluetooth Audio" Source in Sync, but again, it showed on the screen what should be playing through the car, and I could control it with the car, but the audio was coming out of the phone.

I disconnected Bluetooth (just turned it off on the phone) and reconnected it, and it's been good ever since.

So the issue definitely isn't gone... Hopefully it's gonna at least happen less.

I'll check back in after another day or two, see if it happens again.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Yea it's still happening unfortunately. Again, turning off and reconnecting bluetooth from the phone usually fixes it, but its kind of hard to do that while driving so it's a real annoyance.

Wish I could figure out some kind of permanent fix for this. And it really doesn't happen ever with my bluetooth headphones or jambox... So it's either the car or the way the phone and car connect...

h20534

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Just wanna chime in and say I'm having the same issues with my Moto X Pure and my car. 2015 Dodge Dart with the Uconnect 8.4 system. Sometimes the phone will connect and work just fine, other times it'll connect and play music through my car speakers but the controls won't work (can't pause, fast forward or rewind) and it'll eventually disconnect itself. Sometimes it just won't connect at all.

Very frustrating. Haven't tried it with other bluetooth devices yet, mostly because I don't have any.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
It's like I can never be 100% happy with a phone haha. Always gotta be something. It's back to doing it pretty much every day now, but it's totally random. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney