I've had my Moto X Pure edition for just over 6 months now I can't believe how much the leather on the back has changed. I love it. It looks like a totally different phone.

This first pic is the day I received the phone. The second pic is how it looks now.
    Leather back on Moto X Pure after 6 months-motoxpure1.jpg
    Leather back on Moto X Pure after 6 months-motoxpure2.jpg
    03-28-2016 07:34 AM
    That is amazing how much it has changed in such a short amount of time. I wonder if that will be how it looks in anther 6 months. I can't imagine it getting any darker than that. Can you still see your engraving?
    Scott Shrewsberry likes this.
    03-28-2016 10:35 AM
    That is amazing how much it has changed in such a short amount of time. I wonder if that will be how it looks in anther 6 months. I can't imagine it getting any darker than that. Can you still see your engraving?

Actually, you can still see the engraving. I guess the flash from my wife's camera and the with the angle I'm holding it makes the engraving disappear. It will be interesting to see what it looks like a year from now for sure. I can't wait!!!
    radgatt and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-28-2016 10:47 AM
    That is cool! Thanks for sharing.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-29-2016 06:20 AM
    That is cool! Thanks for sharing.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Yeah, it is pretty cool isn't it? And... you are most welcome.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-29-2016 07:46 AM
    Scott, what caused this major change in color?
    03-29-2016 08:29 AM
    Scott, what caused this major change in color?
    I'm guessing just the natural oils from my hands. And believe me, I wash my hands numerous times throughout the day because I work in the health field and I have a 5 month old baby at home, so I know my hands aren't extremely dirty. This is my only phone so I use it all the time. Last years Moto X with the leather back really showed some nice wear after a while from pictures I've seen, but this one has really transformed into something totally different than the original. I love how it's turned out.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-29-2016 12:52 PM
    I bought mine with the same "natural" leather - it's darkened and aged well as well. Not quite as dark as yours, possibly because I've been using a mink oil preservative on it. (If it works on my overpriced shoes, I figure it'll work on my phone!).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-30-2016 09:58 AM
    I bought mine with the same "natural" leather - it's darkened and aged well as well. Not quite as dark as yours, possibly because I've been using a mink oil preservative on it. (If it works on my overpriced shoes, I figure it'll work on my phone!).
    Yeah, I'd say that would probably work for sure. Actually, mine has the cognac leather and that may be why it's a touch darker. It definitely looks like the natural in the pic, but I'm thinking that the flash from the camera may have caused it to look brighter.
    Onstedd likes this.
    03-30-2016 02:28 PM
    Crazy how the bezel changed colors also! lol
    03-31-2016 03:08 PM
    That's quite the change in color. Pretty cool actually.

Although not related to the OP, I've always wondered if the water resistant nano-coating on these phones eventually wear over time.
    04-02-2016 08:37 PM
    I really like the new color!

I didn't get a leather back, but I probably should have. 😊
    Scott Shrewsberry likes this.
    04-02-2016 09:00 PM

Although not related to the OP, I've always wondered if the water resistant nano-coating on these phones eventually wear over time.
    Hmmm. I have no idea. That's an interesting question for sure.
    04-05-2016 09:31 AM

Hmmm. I have no idea. That's an interesting question for sure.
    04-05-2016 09:32 AM