Google Now Weather Still Hasn't Updated

Domenic Apice

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
In January Google made the switch to weather cards with a little frog illustration. It's been months I still haven't seen this update on my Moto X Pure. I get the weather cards but there is no illustration. My main issue with this lack of updating is now that Google has rolled out the Weather shortcut, I am not seeing that either, and that is something I would really like on my homescreen. I've tried clearing the cache on both the Google app and Google Now launcher, have also installed the beta of the google app and still nothing. How do I trigger this server side update?

Thanks.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Location on?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I see the image with the frog when I view the weather on my Moto X Pure Edition, but I never see the image with the frog when I view the weather on my Nexus 7 2013. On my tablet, I just see the forecast but no frog.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I see weather cards on Google Now. I have never seen an image of a frog on those cards. Are you using third-party weather app that posts cards to Now?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Google Now. No other apps not on my Nexus 7.
956139891dcb2ee052a64b8404d38c0b.jpg

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Laura, do you have the icon on your Home Screen that came when this was first provided?
I *think* I swiped mine up and removed it and don't know how to retrieve it, also don't remember if I ever used it since I don't recall seeing the frog.
I see this:
Screenshot_20160329-220740.jpg

Then this:
Screenshot_20160329-220758.jpg

Finally the frog:
Screenshot_20160329-220809.jpg

I don't have the Google Now icon on my home screen. I'm using Nova Launcher Prime and have it hidden. I only see it if I swipe up with one finger.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Laura, do you have the icon on your Home Screen that came when this was first provided?
I *think* I swiped mine up and removed it and don't know how to retrieve it, also don't remember if I ever used it since I don't recall seeing the frog.

Are you talking about the recently introduced Weather shortcut, as described here? Google now offers a handy shortcut to weather info - Android Authority I don't believe that has rolled out fully yet. I still don't have that on my Nexus 6P.

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I got the little weather shortcut this past Sunday. Was checking the weather and the little notification popped up and I said yes. uploadfromtaptalk1459321997750.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I got the little weather shortcut this past Sunday. Was checking the weather and the little notification popped up and I said yes.

Rub it in, why don't you?;) Just kidding. When you tap that, does it just go directly to the weather page with the frog scenery?

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Rub it in, why don't you?;) Just kidding. When you tap that, does it just go directly to the weather page with the frog scenery?
Yup, straight to the weather. See attached. I got all excited when I got it, tapped it once or twice and then was like meh! Suppose it's less taps to get to the weather. uploadfromtaptalk1459322383730.jpg

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yup, straight to the weather. See attached. I got all excited when I got it, tapped it once or twice and then was like meh! Suppose it's less taps to get to the weather. View attachment 222662

From what I can tell the image is from an LG phone. Maybe it hasn't hit Moto X phones yet. I definitely haven't seen a weather shortcut on my phone yet. I do get the image with the frog. I would like that shortcut to be added to my phone.

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
From what I can tell the image is from an LG phone. Maybe it hasn't hit Moto X phones yet. I definitely haven't seen a weather shortcut on my phone yet. I do get the image with the frog. I would like that shortcut to be added to my phone.
You would be correct. It is an LG. However, I'm not sure that it should make any difference between brands. Could be due to a different version of play services or services framework etc. It could also be totally at random.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
You would be correct. It is an LG. However, I'm not sure that it should make any difference between brands. Could be due to a different version of play services or services framework etc. It could also be totally at random.

True. Hopefully it rolls out sooner rather than later to give more people access to these types of things. I kind of wished Google would have come out with a weather app a long time ago.

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
True. Hopefully it rolls out sooner rather than later to give more people access to these types of things. I kind of wished Google would have come out with a weather app a long time ago.
Agreed, if they could turn that weather page in to some sort of widget, I'd be rather happy. The now widget is ok, but not quite as nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar