07-27-2016 07:07 AM
28 12
tools
    In January Google made the switch to weather cards with a little frog illustration. It's been months I still haven't seen this update on my Moto X Pure. I get the weather cards but there is no illustration. My main issue with this lack of updating is now that Google has rolled out the Weather shortcut, I am not seeing that either, and that is something I would really like on my homescreen. I've tried clearing the cache on both the Google app and Google Now launcher, have also installed the beta of the google app and still nothing. How do I trigger this server side update?

Thanks.
    03-28-2016 11:35 AM
    What area are you in? I wonder if it might not be available in all areas of the world.
    03-28-2016 12:13 PM
    Im in wisconsin i have a nexus 6p and htc one m8 that both have the weather cards on display
    03-29-2016 09:39 AM
    Did you also Clear Data from the Google app?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-29-2016 11:03 AM
    Location on?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-29-2016 04:06 PM
    I see the image with the frog when I view the weather on my Moto X Pure Edition, but I never see the image with the frog when I view the weather on my Nexus 7 2013. On my tablet, I just see the forecast but no frog.
    03-29-2016 04:19 PM
    I see weather cards on Google Now. I have never seen an image of a frog on those cards. Are you using third-party weather app that posts cards to Now?
    03-29-2016 05:24 PM
    Google Now. No other apps not on my Nexus 7.
    03-29-2016 07:13 PM
    Google Now. No other apps not on my Nexus 7.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...8404d38c0b.jpg
    Laura, do you have the icon on your Home Screen that came when this was first provided?
    I *think* I swiped mine up and removed it and don't know how to retrieve it, also don't remember if I ever used it since I don't recall seeing the frog.
    03-29-2016 08:54 PM
    Laura, do you have the icon on your Home Screen that came when this was first provided?
    I *think* I swiped mine up and removed it and don't know how to retrieve it, also don't remember if I ever used it since I don't recall seeing the frog.
    I see this:
    Google Now Weather Still Hasn't Updated-screenshot_20160329-220740.jpg

Then this:
    Google Now Weather Still Hasn't Updated-screenshot_20160329-220758.jpg

Finally the frog:
    Google Now Weather Still Hasn't Updated-screenshot_20160329-220809.jpg

I don't have the Google Now icon on my home screen. I'm using Nova Launcher Prime and have it hidden. I only see it if I swipe up with one finger.
    03-29-2016 09:14 PM
    Here's what I see on my Nexus 7.
    Attachment 222638

Then:
    Attachment 222639

That's it. No frog.
    Same version of Google App. Also using Nova Launcher Prime exactly the same.

I have no different weather apps on my phone that aren't on my tablet.
    03-29-2016 09:22 PM
    Are you talking about the recently introduced Weather shortcut, as described here? Google now offers a handy shortcut to weather info - Android Authority I don't believe that has rolled out fully yet. I still don't have that on my Nexus 6P.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-30-2016 01:36 AM
    Are you talking about the recently introduced Weather shortcut, as described here? Google now offers a handy shortcut to weather info - Android Authority I don't believe that has rolled out fully yet. I still don't have that on my Nexus 6P.
    I don't have that on my MXPE or on my Nexus 7 yet.
    03-30-2016 01:48 AM
    I got the little weather shortcut this past Sunday. Was checking the weather and the little notification popped up and I said yes. Google Now Weather Still Hasn't Updated-uploadfromtaptalk1459321997750.jpg
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-30-2016 02:13 AM
    I got the little weather shortcut this past Sunday. Was checking the weather and the little notification popped up and I said yes.
    Rub it in, why don't you? Just kidding. When you tap that, does it just go directly to the weather page with the frog scenery?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-30-2016 02:15 AM
    Rub it in, why don't you? Just kidding. When you tap that, does it just go directly to the weather page with the frog scenery?
    Yup, straight to the weather. See attached. I got all excited when I got it, tapped it once or twice and then was like meh! Suppose it's less taps to get to the weather. Google Now Weather Still Hasn't Updated-uploadfromtaptalk1459322383730.jpg
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-30-2016 02:19 AM
    Yup, straight to the weather. See attached. I got all excited when I got it, tapped it once or twice and then was like meh! Suppose it's less taps to get to the weather. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1459322383730.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	222662
    From what I can tell the image is from an LG phone. Maybe it hasn't hit Moto X phones yet. I definitely haven't seen a weather shortcut on my phone yet. I do get the image with the frog. I would like that shortcut to be added to my phone.
    03-30-2016 07:13 AM
    From what I can tell the image is from an LG phone. Maybe it hasn't hit Moto X phones yet. I definitely haven't seen a weather shortcut on my phone yet. I do get the image with the frog. I would like that shortcut to be added to my phone.
    You would be correct. It is an LG. However, I'm not sure that it should make any difference between brands. Could be due to a different version of play services or services framework etc. It could also be totally at random.
    03-30-2016 07:26 AM
    You would be correct. It is an LG. However, I'm not sure that it should make any difference between brands. Could be due to a different version of play services or services framework etc. It could also be totally at random.
    True. Hopefully it rolls out sooner rather than later to give more people access to these types of things. I kind of wished Google would have come out with a weather app a long time ago.
    03-30-2016 07:29 AM
    True. Hopefully it rolls out sooner rather than later to give more people access to these types of things. I kind of wished Google would have come out with a weather app a long time ago.
    Agreed, if they could turn that weather page in to some sort of widget, I'd be rather happy. The now widget is ok, but not quite as nice.
    03-30-2016 07:41 AM
    The Google Weather showed up on my MXPE the other day so maybe wont be long til all have it
    Its now on my other devices to ( N6,6p).The screen shots below are from my MXPE
    Google App version: 5.10.32.19
    I use Nova Prime launcher as well
    radgatt and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-30-2016 07:53 AM
    Ah-Hah!! Guess I don't need the shortcut, but still have to search for weather with Google, then I get this:
    Google Now Weather Still Hasn't Updated-weatherlocal.jpg

...and by tapping the little Down Arrow above the word 'sunrise', I get "The Frog!!":
    Google Now Weather Still Hasn't Updated-weatherfrog.jpg

But I'll still use 1Weather since Google seems to not want to do animated maps showing storm travel direction/intensity.
    Google Now Weather Still Hasn't Updated-weathermap.jpg
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-30-2016 09:17 AM
    It's actually my sister's MXPE, and I have both the frog and weather shortcut on my Nexus 6P and my mom's HTC One M8. On my sister's MXPE, when you press the down arrow on the weather card to expand it to full screen, the frog is not there at all, just a solid color with an icon for the current weather, and she has had no offer to get the weather shortcut. She's an artist so she loves the little frog pictures too, and is pretty bummed that she still hasn't gotten them after all these months.
    03-30-2016 11:08 AM
    I recently discovered the Google News & Weather app's 4x1 widget, which can be configured to show only the 3 day forecast. Tapping the widget brings up the News & Weather's weather page, which is similar to the Google Now weather card (except without the frog). It's a nice alternative.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-30-2016 11:19 AM
    I haven't checked my MXPE yet but I have the frog, and weather shortcut, on my HTC One A9.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-30-2016 08:30 PM
28 12