Real world use of Moto Assist vs OK Google, please?

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I use my phone (S5) driving, with Waze while playing music through BT in my car, and I find that the OK Google "app", has delays and gives me "no network available" way too often.

Wondering if you guys can give me your experiences in using the Moto Assist app comparatively speaking. I do realize I am taxing my current phone to do what I'm asking, so I'd like to get your comments before I pull the trigger on a Pure.

TIA

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I use my phone (S5) driving, with Waze while playing music through BT in my car, and I find that the OK Google "app", has delays and gives me "no network available" way too often.

Wondering if you guys can give me your experiences in using the Moto Assist app comparatively speaking. I do realize I am taxing my current phone to do what I'm asking, so I'd like to get your comments before I pull the trigger on a Pure.

TIA

I had the Moto X Force (Droid Turbo 2 in the US) before I got my S7 Edge a couple of weeks back.

I loved the fact you could use any phrase you wanted to activate Moto Assist, and extra functionality it offers, like activating even if the screen is off and the phone is locked. However, it does actually just add an extra layer to the process, as all it effectively does is use Moto Assist to then activate Google. So I found it slower than Google Now, albeit only by a few seconds.

You're issues, however, may have as much to do with the fact your phone is getting on a bit or the network coverage etc., so whether getting a Pure will help I can't say.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I had the Moto X Force (Droid Turbo 2 in the US) before I got my S7 Edge a couple of weeks back.

I loved the fact you could use any phrase you wanted to activate Moto Assist, and extra functionality it offers, like activating even if the screen is off and the phone is locked. However, it does actually just add an extra layer to the process, as all it effectively does is use Moto Assist to then activate Google. So I found it slower than Google Now, albeit only by a few seconds.

You're issues, however, may have as much to do with the fact your phone is getting on a bit or the network coverage etc., so whether getting a Pure will help I can't say.

..it calls Google Now for actions it can't handle itself.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site

Well, Samsung's S-Voice would have been a good idea, if it ever worked. I was hoping calls, texting were handled locally, without Googles help, and the answer is that it is buttery smooth..... Not really interested in searches, etc. while behind the wheel. Voice activated calls and texts is 99% of what I'd do. I just really wanted to hear how taxed the Pure is when running Waze and playing local BT music...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy