How do I make the pictures taken with my moto xpe camera save directly in my SD card

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I need help I had a problem and I had to take out and reset my SD card but when I put it back everything was fine except that my pictures aren't saving on my internal storage and not my SD card. HELP

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to select the SD card as default storage in the Camera settings? Does it give you the option, or is it greyed out?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I need help I had a problem and I had to take out and reset my SD card but when I put it back everything was fine except that my pictures aren't saving on my internal storage and not my SD card. HELP

Posted via the Android Central App

In the Motorola Camera app, open the menu and select the option to save to the SD card.

JXvTqVt.png

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
First, if you formatted the card as Internal Storage, reformatting it as Portable Storage will make you lose all of the data on that card (much of which is actually crucial app data, since the phone is using the card as Internal Storage to install apps to).

Second, since the card is formatted as Internal Storage, you shouldn't have any problems saving photos, because the SD card has been incorporated into the phone's overall Internal Storage. You'll still see it broken down into Internal Storage and SD card in the Settings>Storage menu, but the phone is still regarding both as making up a whole.

Did you actually remove the card after formatting it as Internal Storage? If so, that might have caused some issues. Cards shouldn't be removed after being formatted as Internal Storage, because that'd be like removing one of the internal memory chips--the phone won't like that. Read more here: http://www.androidcentral.com/inside-marshmallow-adoptable-storage

Are you saying that your phone is telling you there's no more room to save photos?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech