Camera stuck in selfie mode

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed this today. When I open the camera app it opens into the front /selfie mode. The button to toggle front to back cams is missing. A reboot of the phone sometimes fixes it, sometimes not. When it does fix it I notice the toggle front to back mode is back. Will try a cache clean later. Anyone else see this issue?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed this today. When I open the camera app it opens into the front /selfie mode. The button to toggle front to back cams is missing. A reboot of the phone sometimes fixes it, sometimes not. When it does fix it I notice the toggle front to back mode is back. Will try a cache clean later. Anyone else see this issue?
EDIT: Happy to report a cache wipe seems to have fixed it.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
EDIT: Happy to report a cache wipe seems to have fixed it.

Worked for awhile, but didn't last. Getting bummed about this issue. Now the camera hardly ever opens, trying, then I get a fail to launch.
Tried a cache clean again also getting rid of any little used or unused app including several launchers I had stored. Down to bare bones now running apex as my launcher. Tried a 3rd party cam app from the store, but as I figured it won't work unless the OEM cam app will open. Can't uninstall the camera and try a reinstall. Short of a factory reset, not sure what to do next. No guarantees with doing that, that it wouldn't come back. Never realized how much I was using the cam till it's not there. :(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's the camera app itself, shop around at repair shops (for labor charges). The camera module itself is usually pretty cheap, even for the better cameras.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
If it's the camera app itself, shop around at repair shops (for labor charges). The camera module itself is usually pretty cheap, even for the better cameras.
Thanks for the comment. More like a software glitch I think. Probably try a factory reset first then maybe go the other route if that doesn't fix it.

Allison Maust

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site

same here it is really annoying

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
It's done it a couple of more times since my OP back in April. A cache partition clean fixes it for awhile, not bad , only twice since April. Have you tried that yet?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance