After selling my Droid Turbo 2 for a 6P (screw Verizon and their slow updates and bloatware), I'm finding I'm missing all the Moto add-ons to stock Android more than I thought, even after rooting and modding it. I'm also enjoying the unlocked phone experience and will never buy a carrier branded phone again. I'm in luck though, an acquaintance of mine has an X Pure and wants a 6P so he's willing to trade. I have a 64GB 6P with the stuff that came in the box and he has a 16GB Pure with a 32GB SD card, plus everything in the box and a very nice case.

What draws me to the Pure is the Moto actions, slight water resistance, better durability, expandable memory, better speakers, better video stabilization, and its significantly smaller size with the same screen. What's keeping me from going through with the trade is the lower end internals (I don't play games, but the value proposition bothers me), lack of a fingerprint sensor (not too big of a deal), worse camera in low light, and generally worse battery life.

Is this trade a good idea? And can anyone testify to the battery life? I hear a lot of complaining about the battery life, but there are also plenty of people claiming 4-5 hours SOT, which would be adequate for me.
    04-24-2016 12:04 AM
    That's a tough one.... On one hand I say if you prefer the moto go for it and don't let the value difference bother you.... On the other hand I prefer the 6p so.... ? Is it a good friend? Maybe you could swap for a week and make sure you are both happy....? Best of luck

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge
    04-24-2016 12:18 AM
    Swapping for a week try out is a good idea. I get just under 4 hours sot, with Facebook, news, occasionally a game, some pictures, some music, etc. I bring a back up power bank w me but have never had to use it. Battery life probably isn't as good as the 6p, but I've never been out and had to plug in.
    I came from a Galaxy S5, and don't have any problems with the camera. I love the gesture to open it and think it takes great photos.
    I'd make sure his memory card is a high speed one if you're planning on using it as adoptable storage.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-24-2016 03:37 AM
    Not for this deal. The MPXE is a great phone, but the 6P is worth more. You could buy a new MXPE sell your 6P and end up with money left over. Too many risks in swapping phones.
    Matt Manahan likes this.
    04-24-2016 06:01 AM
    The battery question has a lot to do with network. Do you spend most of the day on WiFi or LTE? How strong is the LTE signal where you live/work? The MXPE will chew through battery if you spend a lot of time on a mediocre LTE network. Otherwise it should be fine.
    04-24-2016 09:16 AM
    Thanks for all the input. Most on my time is on WiFi, but unfortunately my signal at home is always yellow or orange, so not good but my signal at school is mostly green. Battery might not be that good then...

How's the size of the Pure? Especially compared to the 6p, for those who have handled both phones?

Posted via my Nexus 6P on VerLIEzon Wireless but without their shackles.
    04-24-2016 10:13 AM
    I tried both for a couple of weeks and found I preferred the MXP. As suggested above , how about selling the 6P and getting a new MXP for $299, not sure how long the johathon addled sale is going to last but $299! Sounds really like a smoking, sweet deal. Then you have a new device with new battery. Plus it's 32GB on board storage.
    Westiemom and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-24-2016 11:57 AM
    I tried both for a couple of weeks and found I preferred the MXP. As suggested above , how about selling the 6P and getting a new MXP for $299, not sure how long the johathon addled sale is going to last but $299! Sounds really like a smoking, sweet deal. Then you have a new device with new battery. Plus it's 32GB on board storage.
    This is what I would do. I have a 16 GB MXPE and I really regret not getting the 32 GB. No way would I trade for 16. (Adoptable storage has it's problems and does not replace internal storage adequately.) If your friend's phone wasn't 16 GB, then I would consider it. MXPE is a great phone but 16 GB is not enough.

cbreze and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-24-2016 07:51 PM
    Agree. If he really wants to trade though, you could ask for more cash in the deal, and live with the 16. I have the 32, and i'm still only using about 12. Just depends on how app hungry you are...
    04-25-2016 09:02 AM
    Oh god no, stay with the 6P.

radgatt likes this.
    04-25-2016 01:35 PM
    Yeah I wouldn't trade. I would definitely sell the 6P and buy a new MXPE
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-25-2016 03:37 PM
    I have a 64GB 6P with the stuff that came in the box and he has a 16GB Pure with a 32GB SD card, plus everything in the box and a very nice case.
    Have him add $150 bucks to sweeten the deal. ~$200 difference in value (on swappa) but the SD card and case are worth $50
    04-25-2016 06:12 PM
    Wow, I didn't know the Jonathan Adler (whoever he is) version was so cheap now. I could actually get back at least $100 by buying that and selling the 6P. I may very well do that, provided the battery isn't much worse, if the size is noticeably smaller, and if I don't miss the fingerprint sensor.
    04-26-2016 01:47 PM
    Wow, I didn't know the Jonathan Adler (whoever he is) version was so cheap now. I could actually get back at least $100 by buying that and selling the 6P. I may very well do that, provided the battery isn't much worse, if the size is noticeably smaller, and if I don't miss the fingerprint sensor.
    NOW, you're talking!

04-26-2016 03:42 PM
    No, keep the 6P (camera, battery life)! The MXPE is not horrible, just OK, but I do have buyer's remorse.
    04-28-2016 07:35 AM
    Don't trade for a 16gig mxpe, I thought I could get by with 16g but few times I have filled the storage and now I worry about running out of space.... That's noway to live.

04-28-2016 09:58 AM
    Ugh, just saw that Motorola's getting sued over bad warranty servicing, and I see a lot of reviews on Amazon where people have complained about their phones malfunctioning. Not a good combo. Leaning towards keeping the 6p now...

Posted via my Nexus 6P on VerLIEzon Wireless but without their shackles.
    04-29-2016 10:48 PM
    Great thread. What did you decide?
    I'm on the fence between these two phones myself (would buy either one new, no trade involved.)
    05-04-2016 01:47 PM