This phone sucks

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
LITERALLY this phone won't stop lagging, camera keeps stopping, and the most annoying of all: SoundCloud randomly stop playing, goes through my music library and reopens itself when I shut down the app, and kicks me to Google now voice command. What is the deal with this phone??

Posted via the Android Central App

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
And it must be a result of Motorola not being able to provide simple software updates.. Can't wait to get rid of this crap.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
LITERALLY this phone won't stop lagging, camera keeps stopping, and the most annoying of all: SoundCloud randomly stop playing, goes through my music library and reopens itself when I shut down the app, and kicks me to Google now voice command. What is the deal with this phone??

I don't use soundcloud but I haven't experienced any lag or camera problems. How does your phone work in safe mode?

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
And it must be a result of Motorola not being able to provide simple software updates.. Can't wait to get rid of this crap.

I can tell you from experience with every Android phone I've ever had (including this one): the issues START once the update comes. This phone from day one was 1000% smooth and perfect, no lagging, no issues, none of the problems you're listing. Once the Marshmallow update came, it introduced occasional lagging and some bluetooth connectivity issues for me. (I tried a System Restore and it didn't really help so it is what it is I guess)

I'm sorta not complaining though because every single other phone I've had has had its own set of issues... Mostly of the lagging all the damn time variety, so I'll take the occasional issues I've been having with my Moto X Pure over that any day.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I can tell you from experience with every Android phone I've ever had (including this one): the issues START once the update comes. This phone from day one was 1000% smooth and perfect, no lagging, no issues, none of the problems you're listing. Once the Marshmallow update came, it introduced occasional lagging and some bluetooth connectivity issues for me. (I tried a System Restore and it didn't really help so it is what it is I guess)

I'm sorta not complaining though because every single other phone I've had has had its own set of issues... Mostly of the lagging all the damn time variety, so I'll take the occasional issues I've been having with my Moto X Pure over that any day.
I've only ever had one Android phone (Moto X 2014) that got worse after an update (lollipop). And it was fixed with the next update. If I had your luck with phones I probably would've switched to iPhone by now.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I've only ever had one Android phone (Moto X 2014) that got worse after an update (lollipop). And it was fixed with the next update. If I had your luck with phones I probably would've switched to iPhone by now.

Trust me I've thought about it every other phone haha, but two things happen.

1) I google "iPhone problems" and find tons of people with the exact same issues with their iphones (lag, slowdown, connectivity issues, etc) that I have with my Android phones

2) I remember that I can't stand Apple and their products, so I stick with Android and just complain a lot haha

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Trust me I've thought about it every other phone haha, but two things happen.

1) I google "iPhone problems" and find tons of people with the exact same issues with their iphones (lag, slowdown, connectivity issues, etc) that I have with my Android phones

2) I remember that I can't stand Apple and their products, so I stick with Android and just complain a lot haha
Haha. My wife will only use iPhone. Believe me, I know the problems with iOS.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Marshmallow update on my MXPE did not ruin my phone at all, if anything it runs better. Just disappointed with adoptable storage.
Also got Marshmallow on my Verizon Galaxy S6 about a month ago and the update definitely improved it tremendously! I was tickled pink! :)
So far I have been lucky I guess. Haven't had an update cause problems.
I did, however, have an iOS update mess up my iPad 3. Sold that thing, never liked it much.

Beantool

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
The only complaint I carry about this phone is the seemingly subpar battery life. And it doesn't seem as well supported as other Moto phones have been in the past, even under Lenovo leadership.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
My S6 got better battery life with a smaller battery, however, it was pretty abysmal until wifi calling was released for the S6. That made the difference. I would have thought the MXP at 3000 mah would be better than this. Having said this tho I do love the device. There are few phones out there with really good battery anyway, just the way it is at present.

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Here's a list of the supposed differences between 6.0 and 6.0.1
Moto G 3rd Generation : Android 6.0 vs Android 6.0.1 | TechDroider

Mine came with 6.0 and so far, so good. The camera app quit, but I'm using F5v and that is working just fine.

At Bat plays, I have some stashed media that plays well, I don't subscribe to any service. The camera gets far more use.

I'm not happy with a few things, but we'll see what shakes out in the next upgrade. I'm in no rush.

Gunrack

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I love the phone. No problems with it. Lag is a relative term. I've had some phones that I thought were slow but it's rare that I have to wait on my MXP.

No over heating issues ever, camera is awesome, battery life is awesome, recharging is awesome, screen is awesome.

It will be hard for me to justify changing phones unless it just craps out on me. Something will have to come along with a new cool feature for me to look to switch. So far I've not seen anything that makes me feel like there's something better I just have to get.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood