What combos of picture apps work best for you for hiding and finding photos?

Arlizz

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S3 was actually great and more simple for holding/finding files than my Moto X Pure.
For pictures I have QuickPic, the default Gallery, and Cabinet to store files and let me tell you it's a huge mess. Between hiding, unhiding files, duplicates being created for whatever reason.....yuuge mess.
It's driving me nuts....I basically gave up on finding the right combo of apps last November.
If anyone has a good integration/combination of pic and file apps I'd like to know what you use.

Post below.

Thanks.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: What combos of picture apps work best for you?

I generally just use Google photos. The search function mostly negates the need for file management. Plus, when you edit, it maintains an original copy so you can always revert back

Arlizz

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

I generally just use Google photos. The search function mostly negates the need for file management. Plus, when you edit, it maintains an original copy so you can always revert back

But is there a way to hide files? My thing is the pureness of this phone caused this dysfunctional pairing of apps where even if I hid the file in the file manager it still appears or duplicates in the two picture apps, or gets lost entirely. I just want to be able to hide/unhide files at will without making a huge mess. I'll still need a file manager for regular files.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

I am not quite sure I understand your issue, but have you tried using .nomedia files?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Mod note: Updated the title a little bit to be a bit more specific about the functions you're asking about.