I have a new unlocked Moto X Pure edition and I love almost everything about it. It's an amazing phone, but the only music player that came with it is the Google Play app.

Play has some great features, but as a podcast listener, all I really want is a music app that runs in the background at all times like the old one did so I can stop / start my hour+ long podcast at any time with my bluetooth headset, and the PLACE I'm at in the podcast will NEVER be lost. With VLC and google play I find myself having to guesstimate where in the 3+ hour long podcast I was last listening to it because the apps occasionally close when I open other audio sources or something.

I just want access to the old default 'Music' app from Android somehow, I couldn't find it on the play store.

If that's impossible, which music app runs in the background at all times so I can stop/start long podcasts with my headset and it will never close and lose my place. Another important feature is a default playlist with the most recently added songs so I don't have to go searching for every new podcast I added. PLEASE HELP! This is a huge quality of life thing for me because I listen to these all day every day pretty much. Thank you so much for any help you can give!
    05-17-2016 11:15 PM
    Find an older Android with the Music app. Install App Backup & Restore and back the app up. It'll save to an apk file. Install App Backup & Restore on the X, put the Music.apk file in it's folder (you'll see it if you look for it), then restore Music to the X.
    gonetv likes this.
    05-18-2016 12:08 AM
    thank you i'll try it!
    05-20-2016 05:07 PM