Anyone else having an issue recently with Moto Voice? Since updating the Google app, when I try to send a text by voice while my phone is locked, I now get a reply saying it cannot do this while the phone is locked. I use it almost daily and it has worked until just a couple days ago.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-21-2016 05:50 PM
    I can tell you with no lock screen, there are no issues. Might try a different lock type, and see if it follows a particular lock screen?
    05-22-2016 06:58 AM
    Can anyone confirm this on their device? I use a simple pin to unlock as always. I also have phone set to allow commands while device is locked.

06-02-2016 06:17 PM
    Anyone else having an issue recently with Moto Voice? Since updating the Google app, when I try to send a text by voice while my phone is locked, I now get a reply saying it cannot do this while the phone is locked. I use it almost daily and it has worked until just a couple days ago.

Pretty sure there's a setting that you must select in Moto Voice in order to use voice commands when the phone is locked.
    07-27-2016 09:12 AM
    I have that checked. It used to work fine. It stopped working after an update and hasn't worked since.

07-27-2016 09:26 AM
    I have that checked. It used to work fine. It stopped working after an update and hasn't worked since.

Well that sort of explains why I'm experiencing erratic handsfree operation myself
    07-28-2016 12:20 AM
    I'm having the same issue and I think it's due to a change in how Google Now works. Moto Voice on my phone passes most requests over to Google Now. There's a setting to allow different voice actions when the phone is locked if you're using a headset but not through the handset. I think the solution might be to switch over to using Google Now "OK Google" from any screen with trusted voice enabled but I have to play around with it some. MrMobile or Russell might have a better answer.
    09-01-2016 03:18 AM