Hi, I'm seriously considering the Moto C Pure, coming from an iPhone 6. One thing I'm concerned about is missing Touch ID for managing quick unlocking of the phone.

Any suggestions (outside of smart lock) that you prefer to manage unlocking your device quickly and efficiently? I'm watching out for the new Moto Z line, which may have a finger print sensor, but I love the firm factor of the Pure. Thx!
    05-25-2016 10:04 PM
    Everything on my MXPE that needs to be secure within is by password, but to access past the lock screen I just use the swipe method as it is fastest.
    jiden77 likes this.
    05-26-2016 11:39 AM
    I came from the iPhone 6 Plus, so I was used to a fingerprint scanner. With the Moto X, I tried pin and pattern unlocks, but they take too long. The smart unlock options worked very sporadically, so they are unusable. Because none of the screen locks were as quick as a fingerprint scanner and my phone is almost always with me, I've decided to take my chances and not use one. If phone security is important, I'd recommend waiting to see what the next model looks like.
    jiden77 likes this.
    05-26-2016 01:16 PM
    I came from the iPhone 6 Plus, so I was used to a fingerprint scanner. With the Moto X, I tried pin and pattern unlocks, but they take too long. The smart unlock options worked very sporadically, so they are unusable. Because none of the screen locks were as quick as a fingerprint scanner and my phone is almost always with me, I've decided to take my chances and not use one. If phone security is important, I'd recommend waiting to see what the next model looks like.
    Thanks, I think I just might do that.
    I am interested to see what the new Z line brings. If anything, the MXPE will drop in price if I ultimately decide to forgo the requirement for a fingerprint scanner.
    05-26-2016 01:22 PM
    I've had pretty good luck with the smart unlocks. I use the location based one for home, the Bluetooth one in my cars, and another Bluetooth one for my LG G Watch R (which I wear almost all the time). When I'm not in any of those situations I use a PIN.

I also have an iPad with the fingerprint sensor and I have to say it's really spoiled me. I really wish the X Pure had that.
    05-31-2016 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD