08-13-2016 09:51 PM
114 ... 345
tools
    I thought Verizon had nothing to do with unlocked phone updates. Since they are not their phones.
    FWIW, when I checked for the updates I was on wifi because I was home. I use no Verizon cell data when at home, all wifi. Didn't think of that before. Might be the difference as to why I didn't need to pull the sim.
    Motorola still submits it for testing.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    08-04-2016 10:38 PM
    Yes, I tried on wifi and LTE too

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-05-2016 01:53 AM
    Other than the initial quick update to Marshmallow, we were sold a bill of goods on the whole "pure" concept. But I still prefer Moto phones.
    Old Stoneface, GPuba and Laineyc like this.
    08-05-2016 07:28 AM
    Just received my OTA security update this morning for my Moto X Pure Edition on VZW. It included security patch as of May
    08-10-2016 08:38 AM
    Mine came this morning, too -- installing the update now. I don't know whether the fact that I called Verizon customer support about this last week was an impetus, but I'm glad we're finally getting the security patch, and I hope they'll ensure that the MXPE is added to their list of non-branded devices that should receive software updates going forward.
    sybilwayne30 likes this.
    08-10-2016 11:37 AM
    Looks like 24.221.4.en.US is available for the Verizon folks. May 2016 security patch level.
    08-10-2016 01:53 PM
    It's not often that we are able to report positive things about customer service, but I just received a call from the Verizon Customer Support representative to whom I spoke last week regarding the delay in receiving the May security update for MXPE owners on the Verizon network. She was calling back to let me know that the request had been processed and that the security patch update should be getting pushed to customers right away. I told her that I got it this morning and that others are also receiving it today, and thanked her for following up. So kudos to Verizon for acting on our request, resolving the problem, and following up.
    08-10-2016 03:16 PM
    Replying to my own post ...

I just did the OTA on my wife's Pure from VZW *WITHOUT* removing the sim and the About phone screen is identical to the screenshot I posted earlier.

I was interested to see that in order to be somewhat re-assured that any possible future OTAs (Nougat, I hope) would not be disrupted on my Pure due to the 'early' update without a sim ... should be no issues.
    Ry likes this.
    08-10-2016 08:39 PM
    I got notification on the phone for the update, so I said Yes, I'm in. Well it's been about 30 minutes. It said it was starting the update and phone would not be usable for 10 minutes at least, etc. etc. i walked away from it for a bit. When I came back, the Welcome screen was showing. Then it went black with the android guy on his back with the red exclamation point and it says "No Command." Then it goes back to the "Hello......." screen for a couple of minutes and back to the "no command" screen. What do I do now??? I hope someone can help. Thanks.
    08-11-2016 11:20 PM
    I did the exact same thing with my wife's phone too, Tom. I think we're OK for any other possible updates through VZW.

benjamminh, Tom in Bristol and Ry like this.
    08-12-2016 03:08 AM
    I got notification on the phone for the update, so I said Yes, I'm in. Well it's been about 30 minutes. It said it was starting the update and phone would not be usable for 10 minutes at least, etc. etc. i walked away from it for a bit. When I came back, the Welcome screen was showing. Then it went black with the android guy on his back with the red exclamation point and it says "No Command." Then it goes back to the "Hello......." screen for a couple of minutes and back to the "no command" screen. What do I do now??? I hope someone can help. Thanks.
    I'm not understanding... are you saying it is looping between the Welcome screen (meaning when you first startup after a factory reset) and the recovery screen with Bugdroid laying on his back saying "No Command"?

If that is what's happening, then something went very wrong... were you rooted or had a modified system at all?

At this point, your best bet is probably to first try wiping the cache partition, and if that fails perform a factory reset. These can both be done from the recovery menu... to access this menu, press and hold the power button until the device starts rebooting, then immediately hold down the VOL DN key and wait for the bootloader screen to come up (this might take a couple tries as the timing isn't always easy). Then start recovery, it should give you an error after a few seconds, then press and hold Power and tap VOL UP, this should bring you to the bootloader menu. First try wiping the cache partition then reboot, if that fails try doing a factory reset and then reboot. Remember that after performing any kind of wipe, the first boot after than can take a very long time, sometimes as long as 30 minutes.
    08-12-2016 10:22 AM
    My wife's XPE just received an OTA update to 24.221.4.en.US.
    08-13-2016 12:11 AM
    I shot the update notification last night on my MXPE. I'm on Verizon.

Ry likes this.
    08-13-2016 04:35 PM
    thank you. Yes, that is exactly what is happening. I was not rooted or modified. Even tried to do the factory reset. Got as far as the android lying on his back saying "Erasing" and then back to the Welcome. now can't even get back to the recovery menu or anything else. Spent 2 hours on the phone with Motorola last night, up the chain of supervisors; they may send me another phone, but can't tell me for sure until Monday when the customer relations people are back in. Has anyone else ever had this happen? I'm so upset.
    08-13-2016 09:51 PM
114 ... 345