Anyone seen an update since Feb 2016?

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else lose apps after the update installed? I lost a bunch, I assume it's only the ones I had stored on my SD card since that's now adapted storage. I just did a restart and they're still gone. That's why I made screen shots of all my screens so I'd know what disappeared. Not too thrilled with having to reinstall a number of apps.

EDIT: The apps are back, but I have to put them back on my home screens in the folders I had created. Little better but still that shouldn't happen.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Reminder: your location is irrelevant.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

MrToddanh

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
So that's the problem! I bought the X Pure at Best Buy Wednesday night and turned on the phone before inserting my Verizon Sim Card. I got the notification to update to the May security patch. Then when I inserted the Verizon Sim about an hour or so later, it said I had another update. So I went through the update process and it reverted the security patch back to the February patch! Now I'm stuck on the February patch instead of the May patch!

I wonder why Verizon isn't pushing out the May patch. I'm going to try to remove the sim card to see if I can still get the May patch.

MrToddanh

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
So that's the problem! I bought the X Pure at Best Buy Wednesday night and turned on the phone before inserting my Verizon Sim Card. I got the notification to update to the May security patch. Then when I inserted the Verizon Sim about an hour or so later, it said I had another update. So I went through the update process and it reverted the security patch back to the February patch! Now I'm stuck on the February patch instead of the May patch!

I wonder why Verizon isn't pushing out the May patch. I'm going to try to remove the sim card to see if I can still get the May patch.

Alright, I removed the Verizon Sim Card and the May patch appears again. I'm installing this patch and will be ignoring Verizon's February "Update" request.

SlickMick1967

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I haven't gotten anything, and when I manually check I get the "Your device's software is up to date" message, even though I'm still on the February patch. I notice from the earlier comments this seems to be Verizon-related. Part of the reason I bought this 'unlocked' phone was to be free from VZW's update-related nonsense. What gives?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Same got the May security update on mine yesterday ( AT&T) Pushed It was waiting when I turned it on, the update showed.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I haven't gotten anything, and when I manually check I get the "Your device's software is up to date" message, even though I'm still on the February patch. I notice from the earlier comments this seems to be Verizon-related. Part of the reason I bought this 'unlocked' phone was to be free from VZW's update-related nonsense. What gives?

I wouldn't be surprised if these still got submitted to carrier labs for testing.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge