As the title says and what are your thoughts? I was waiting for a Moto X 2016 and the Moto Z doesn't appeal to me at all. I'm especially interested in how snappy you find the MXPE is, since the benchmarks aren't that much better than the x2 thanks to the higher resolution. Camera isn't important to me, the bigger size I can learn to live with and I guess a non AMOLED screen, but the design and very fast everyday use I want.
    06-24-2016 01:50 PM
    I did. The MXPE is quite a bit better, although I would have preferred they stuck with AMOLED. And the leather felt better on the 2014 if that's an option you use, the MXPE isn't the same.
    06-24-2016 02:04 PM
    I like my MXPE much more than my 2014 X.
    Aquila and Laineyc like this.
    06-24-2016 09:34 PM
    The camera and front facing speakers make it a better device. Agree on the amoled, but you can't have everything i guess
    06-25-2016 12:34 AM
    I like my MXPE much more than my 2014 X.
    Me too. The only thing I miss about the 2014 is the size, since the 2014 was the perfect size for me. But the camera and speakers are so much better on the MXPE it's been a sweet upgrade.
    Aquila likes this.
    06-25-2016 01:43 AM
    I was looking to get an MXPE, myself. Didn't care for the size, but my 1st Gen. G is perhaps about due, and the new generation of Lenovo's Moto devices do not impress.

But...

Reading Lenovo's "Moto" forums: They broke VoLTE, on some networks, with the Android 6.0 upgrade, and I'm on one of those networks: T-Mobile. Plus nobody's seen updates since... December? February?

So I'm kind of thinking maybe not. I'm kind of thinking I may keep my G (it's still working well, just no Band 12 support) and waiting to see what Nexus or other (mostly) pure Android devices show up.

On the gripping hand: If you want one of what is probably the last Moto device made with traditional Moto elegance & quality: The MXPE is probably the last of its breed. (Which is why I may yet pull the trigger, and pray they come out with an Android N upgrade that's not broken.)
    06-25-2016 11:20 AM
    On the gripping hand: If you want one of what is probably the last Moto device made with traditional Moto elegance & quality: The MXPE is probably the last of its breed. (Which is why I may yet pull the trigger, and pray they come out with an Android N upgrade that's not broken.)
    That is exactly what I feel. All phones look more or less like Samsung or Iphone copies in my eyes, the MXPE is the last phone with its own design language. But sure, I'm getting old and I understand if all people don't like it and thats fine. My biggest concern is that SD808 is going to start to lagg and get sluggish after a while, thanks to the high resolution and I read that some people have experienced that. So far my X2 is very fluent and perhaps I should hold on to it and go for something like the new Nexus when it arrives or a HTC 10 when it becomes "last year's flagship".
    06-25-2016 02:01 PM
    The 808 is fine on this phone from a lag perspective. The ONLY issue is that it gets hot and quick. Other than that the pure is a no brainer at it's current price.
    06-26-2016 08:13 AM
    I'm on a 2014 Moto X and ordered the MXPE 32GB with Bamboo from Amazon for $249 on Prime Day. I also had the original X and have loved both. Went with the MXPE because of as stated above, might be the last as we know in this series... I do have interest in the Z but am not sure about the Mods and certainly don't want to pay extra for that capability, which I have a feeling will be driving the price up. I have no problem spending $600 on a phone if it's what I want and for $249 the MXPE may be perfect and at the worst a reasonable spare or even returned, though I fully expect to like it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-13-2016 08:46 PM
    I'm on a 2014 Moto X and ordered the MXPE 32GB with Bamboo from Amazon for $249 on Prime Day. I also had the original X and have loved both. Went with the MXPE because of as stated above, might be the last as we know in this series... I do have interest in the Z but am not sure about the Mods and certainly don't want to pay extra for that capability, which I have a feeling will be driving the price up. I have no problem spending $600 on a phone if it's what I want and for $249 the MXPE may be perfect and at the worst a reasonable spare or even returned, though I fully expect to like it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    That was a hell of a deal.
    07-17-2016 09:44 PM