For the last 10 days, I've owned a MXPE 16 GB running on Sprint with a 32 GB SanDisk card, only using 13 GB out of 44 total.
    I've moved as many apps possible to the SD card.
    Last night, I checked on updating apps in the Play Store, there were a few, including Facebook.
    When I tried to update it, it downloaded (on wifi BTW) forever and wouldn't install it. The phone became unresponsive and eventually, on its own, restarted.
    When it came back on app, I was missing numerous apps (none of the Moto or Google ones) that were on the phone, figuring they were on the SD card.
    I did another restart and this time they were back except, not in their folders I had put them in.
    I had to redownload Facebook and sign back in. It works fine. I moved it back to the phone's internal storage.
    I have loved this phone since I got it to replace my HTC One M9 that went into a lake. The screen and camera are gorgeous and I like some of the Moto UI features. At first, battery life, even using BT with an Huawei watch was great, but has slipped recently.
    Has this or anything like it happened to anyone else who owns a MXPE? Any idea what happened? I'm guessing it was a SD card issue of some kind.
    Thanks for any help.
    07-07-2016 02:51 PM
    Is the phone running Marshmallow? If so, is the SD card formatted as portable storage (i.e., like a conventional removable microSD), or as adoptable/internal storage (i.e., fully integrated with the phone's internal storage)? If the latter, then a glitch with the card or the card reader could potentially cause a lot of problems (kind of like if the phone's onboard memory chips glitched).
    07-08-2016 01:42 PM
    Yes, it's running Marshmallow, 6.0, and the SD card is formatted as adoptable/internal storage.
    07-08-2016 02:14 PM
    The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html.
    patchs likes this.
    07-08-2016 02:21 PM
    I bought it at a BJ's Wholesale Club so I think it's genuine but I'll run the tests.
    One question, if I unmount the card, I don't lose apps/data, that would only be if I format it. Thanks
    07-08-2016 02:47 PM
    You know, now that I think of it, I'm not entirely sure you can actually Unmount a card that has been formatted as Internal Storage. Do you have that option?
    07-08-2016 03:37 PM
    Gives me these options in settings/storage: Rename, Eject, Format as Portable, Migrate data. I'm not going to mess around too much because I don't want to have to redownload most of my apps. Phone has been fine since, just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue. Thanks again.

Also, I tested the card, no surprise, its a legit SanDisk.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-08-2016 04:42 PM
    This happened to me my first day with the phone too. Facebook would not install, actually. I could download it endlessly and it would go through all the steps, then nothing. My Moto X Pure complained the SD card was too slow for internal use so I formatted it back to portable storage and all has been well again.
    07-10-2016 08:21 AM