09-12-2016 08:19 AM
59 123
tools
    I'll be sticking with it till it no longer functions properly and am wondering now if that may happen sooner than I thought it might. Weirdness going on. Phone was in cup holder on car console where it always rides and when I got to where I was going I looked down and saw the flashlight on. The screen needs to be awake and the option pressed for that to happen. Personal ringtones assigned to callers revert back to a tone that's not even listed in the selection but an alarm tone I've never even used. Battery as I've already mentioned in a previous post now needs a boost usually in the afternoon. Phone is 7 months old. Getting warmer now than ever before as it always ran nice and cool. Now 113F is common. Of course that kills battery. Camera sometimes doesn't open. I do lots of cache partition cleaning as that always fixes things for the time being. I love the phone. Feels good in hand and is quite snappy quick. When it completely drives me bonkers I'll do a factory reset or put my sim in my old iPhone and see what's coming down the pipe. The Z ain't it.
    07-28-2016 11:52 PM
    I'll be sticking with it till it no longer functions properly and am wondering now if that may happen sooner than I thought it might. Weirdness going on. Phone was in cup holder on car console where it always rides and when I got to where I was going I looked down and saw the flashlight on. The screen needs to be awake and the option pressed for that to happen. Personal ringtones assigned to callers revert back to a tone that's not even listed in the selection but an alarm tone I've never even used. Battery as I've already mentioned in a previous post now needs a boost usually in the afternoon. Phone is 7 months old. Getting warmer now than ever before as it always ran nice and cool. Now 113F is common. Of course that kills battery. Camera sometimes doesn't open. I do lots of cache partition cleaning as that always fixes things for the time being. I love the phone. Feels good in hand and is quite snappy quick. When it completely drives me bonkers I'll do a factory reset or put my sim in my old iPhone and see what's coming down the pipe. The Z ain't it.
    I was at 107 earlier today listening to music in the car over bluetooth with about 5 minutes of web browsing. 107! I had to place it in from of the AC vent to cool it off. SMH
    07-29-2016 09:17 PM
    When I get my Moto Z, this will be the shortest I've ever used a new device. I plan on switching back and forth.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    benjamminh likes this.
    07-29-2016 09:39 PM
    ^ That would be the same for me if I end up getting the Force, but I could see myself using both.
    07-29-2016 11:03 PM
    I was at 107 earlier today listening to music in the car over bluetooth with about 5 minutes of web browsing. 107! I had to place it in from of the AC vent to cool it off. SMH
    I know it's pretty expected for a phone to get pretty warm with intense usage for longer periods, but I've never had one heat up just doing some simple web browsing. I'm afraid my mxpe's days are numbered.
    07-30-2016 01:13 AM
    Can't tell you how many times I have had to do that while driving. Great phone but heat issue is no longer tolerable.
    07-30-2016 07:26 AM
    Another problem with the heat issue is it inevitably degrades the battery over time. I firmly believe using the turbocharger also hurts the battery so t try to avoid using it as much as possible.
    07-30-2016 09:35 AM
    I actually haven't had a serious heat problem... At least since the May security update and I factory defaulted. But I do not use a Quick Charger either, never took the factory one out of the box.
    07-30-2016 08:24 PM
    I've got a question about updates. I know the MXPE is getting Android N but does anyone think it will get the next update whenever it's released next year?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-02-2016 08:08 AM
    Well, I've had my MXPE since September and I've thoroughly enjoyed my experience. I don't particularly run the phone too hard, so I haven't had all that many issues. I can live with an occasional stutter here and there. I recommended the phone to my brother (whose always been on some kind of IPhone) and he purchased one a few weeks ago and as far as I know he's really liking the phone as well. I honestly think that the design of the MXPE was one of the best of the year. I love the different textures of the back and the way it feels in hand. I also believe that the MXPE was the most underrated phone of the year. It didn't seem to get any love for some reason.

With that being said, I don't think I'm going with the Moto Z this year. I think I'm going Nexus only for the fact that I've never had a Nexus experience and I want one. I may regret my decision, but I'm going to go for the Marlin when it's released.
    ScottMGS likes this.
    08-02-2016 09:16 AM
    The MXPE was a very good phone for me as well besides the short battery life. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Nexus device. They normally are pretty good. I really enjoyed the 6p. I went and got the Moto Z. And while I had every intention of getting it to test out and get the Note 7 I will be staying with he Moto Z myself. So far the Z has been great in the week I have had it. Good luck in you decision.
    08-02-2016 01:43 PM
    The MXPE was a very good phone for me as well besides the short battery life. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Nexus device. They normally are pretty good. I really enjoyed the 6p. I went and got the Moto Z. And while I had every intention of getting it to test out and get the Note 7 I will be staying with he Moto Z myself. So far the Z has been great in the week I have had it. Good luck in you decision.
    I really, really wanted to like the Moto Z. Granted, I've never had one in hand, but that look just didn't do it for me this year. I didn't much care for the look and/or placement of the home button either. I also didn't think I would take full advantage of the mods. To each their own however and glad to hear you are enjoying yours. I bought a Note 4 when they came out 2 years ago and I liked that phone too, but I wanted stripped down, stock (or close to it) Android and that's why I went with the MXPE last year. My wife bought the Note 5 last year and I really haven't had any desire to even pick that thing up and play with it. I want the latest and greatest in software and updates. It might not amount to "a hill of beans" overall, but that's why I'm going with Nexus this year. Like I said, I may regret the decision, but I'll never know unless I give one a test drive for a while.
    areyes163, Laura Knotek and kojak like this.
    08-02-2016 02:19 PM
    That's true. Cant hurt to try it out. I have a feeling this year's Nexus will be even better then the 6p from last year and that was a pretty awesome device.
    08-02-2016 02:20 PM
    That's true. Cant hurt to try it out. I have a feeling this year's Nexus will be even better then the 6p from last year and that was a pretty awesome device.
    I hope you are correct. I haven't heard too many people complain about the 6P. A few have of course, but the positives seemed to far outweigh the negatives.
    08-02-2016 02:29 PM
    I feel no need to spend any money to replace my MXPE at this point. I'm not on Verizon so I couldn't get the good Moto Z even if it was at a decent price.
    08-02-2016 03:28 PM
    I've got a question about updates. I know the MXPE is getting Android N but does anyone think it will get the next update whenever it's released next year?

Have we seen it officially stated from Motorola that it'll get Nougat? I've seen lots of speculation and assumptions around timelines only.
    08-02-2016 04:57 PM
    I'm not convinced that the XPE is getting N. Lenovo has backed way off from updating, as it was done by Moto in the past. We never got 6.01 and security updates are few and far between. I'll be happily surprised if we get Nougat, but I don't see it happening and O(reo) will never happen.
    08-03-2016 08:07 AM
    I think Nougat will eventually happen, but that's it.
    08-03-2016 12:40 PM
    I think Nougat will eventually happen, but that's it.
    I agree. I think it will get Nougat but all bets are off with O.
    acejavelin likes this.
    08-03-2016 08:41 PM
    I actually would like to replace my MXPE. It's so damn laggy. But, moto Z doesn't look like it's for me.

My one hesitation with switching away from a Moto device is that I have become so reliant on active display, and no other phones seem to have it.

Are we sure there is no new Moto X this year?
    08-10-2016 03:47 AM
    Will my phone get updated to Android Nougat? http://www.androidcentral.com/will-m...android-nougat

08-10-2016 09:06 AM
    Will my phone get updated to Android Nougat? Will my phone get updated to Android Nougat? | Android Central

This article appears to be just a fluff piece, or the authors opinions... there are no references or links to backup any of this information.

That being said, will this device get Nougat? Probably... although don't expect it in a hurry, but hopefully before the end of the year. Then again, in the last year or so Lenovo's track record on updates is pretty poor, they promised Lollipop and Marshmallow on several device then later retracted that and said it wasn't possible (which we know was a blatant lie), so they may decide it is easier to abandon the device and try to sell you something new.
    08-10-2016 09:28 AM
    I've had my XPE since October and don't plan on switching. I just can't justify having a phone for only a year. But if it crapped out, the only devices I would consider are the OnePlus 3 and the upcoming Nexus phones.

I've been pretty happy with it so far, aside from a few issues:

-- I've had to do a factory reset to resolve a bizarre storage problem, where it kept compounding on itself whenever I tried to transfer apps to a microSD card.
    -- The adoptable storage feature doesn't work any more for me (I bought a blazing fast card and won't risk another $30 on another one).
    -- It does get warm, but someone mentioned it getting really hot running Waze and tethering at the same time. Sorry, every phone is going to get hot doing that.
    -- I still wish the battery life was better. 3,000mAh is not enough for this phone.
    08-10-2016 09:35 AM
    I bought the MZF yesterday. I don't really care for the form factor, but it's so much faster and its memory management is so much better. Of course, it's brand new. Battery life early on far exceeds the MXPE. But it doesn't have its charm. Overall I prefer the AMOLED screen also. Sound isn't as good, one speaker versus two.
    08-10-2016 04:41 PM
    This article appears to be just a fluff piece, or the authors opinions... there are no references or links to backup any of this information.

That being said, will this device get Nougat? Probably... although don't expect it in a hurry, but hopefully before the end of the year. Then again, in the last year or so Lenovo's track record on updates is pretty poor, they promised Lollipop and Marshmallow on several device then later retracted that and said it wasn't possible (which we know was a blatant lie), so they may decide it is easier to abandon the device and try to sell you something new.
    I agree with you on all points. I bought my MXPE 64gb in March of this year to replace my Nexus 6 64gb. Got it at the time for $150 off regular price. I liked everything about the phone except the lack of security updates. Since updates are extremely important to me, I took advantage of Amazon Prime Day (July 12th) and got a Nexus 6p 128GB for $475. I think I will sell the MXPE. I still think it provides the best bang for the buck, and if it was consistent with security updates, I would keep it until Android O or Android P (whenever the updates ceased).

08-10-2016 05:15 PM
59 123