Anyone else having trouble with the latest update for Amazon video? It downloads the update fine but it won't install it? I have unknown sources turned on like previous updates but nothing happens. I've left the phone alone for hours and come back to find that its still trying to install the update. anyone else?
    07-19-2016 03:00 PM
    Anyone else having trouble with the latest update for Amazon video? It downloads the update fine but it won't install it? I have unknown sources turned on like previous updates but nothing happens. I've left the phone alone for hours and come back to find that its still trying to install the update. anyone else?
    Do you receive any error messages? I would first check that you have sufficient data to download the video(s). If that doesn't work then clear the cache for the Amazon app and see if that works.
    07-19-2016 11:26 PM
    Do you receive any error messages? I would first check that you have sufficient data to download the video(s). If that doesn't work then clear the cache for the Amazon app and see if that works.
    no, no error messages. just a screen that says "installing" with a progress bar that does nothing. cleared the cache and still does same thing.
    07-20-2016 06:24 PM
    no, no error messages. just a screen that says "installing" with a progress bar that does nothing. cleared the cache and still does same thing.
    Yes, I get exactly the same thing. V6.0.1 android on a Nexus 5. Tried several times to download then install; same result with the installation bar looking like it's doing something but actually it's not.

Doesn't stop the Amzn vid app from working yet but (stab in the dark) sometimes big orgs like Google, MS, Amzn, etc, disagree on points of security, standards, etc, so maybe it's the end of the road for this device/os and this app.
    08-12-2016 01:00 AM