My last phone was an LGG3. It had the ability to tap or double tap (I can't remember) on a website containing text...and the text would automatically "fit" to the screen. So wide bands of text you would not have to scroll back and forth, and back and forth...

I cannot get this to happen on the MXPE. I'd always thought this was part of base Android. Anyone have wisdom regarding this?
    Thanks
    07-27-2016 08:18 AM
    Don't think it is part of base android. Does not work for me using Chrome browser, but does work really nice using Opera browser. I have been pleasantly surprised by the new opera browser and have been using it exclusively for months. I occasionally go back to chrome for certain things and it is fine except for the scrolling you speak of. To combat that I flip it to landscape and chrome is much better with less or no scrolling required. If you haven't tried opera lately you might want to take it for a spin. No idea why the internet juggernaut giant known as google can't give us text reformatting in their browser.
    07-27-2016 11:24 AM
    Double tapping in chrome does do this for me, I always assumed it was part of the chrome browser
    07-27-2016 04:05 PM
    Double tapping in chrome does do this for me, I always assumed it was part of the chrome browser
    Interesting, I haven't seen this happen for me. I wonder if it's a setting? I'll give the settings another look.

Edit: I think I see what you're saying about chrome. Doesn't always work that good and leaves the text kinda small usually. IMO I think Opera does it alot better. But to each their own.
    07-27-2016 04:10 PM
    Thanks...for me Chrome doesn't do anything...double tap and same text spilling off to the sides just stays there.
    Same thing for Firefox. Dolpin is better, and fast(!)...but so still not getting text to automatically format to fit the screen.

Tried Opera...text automatically fits to screen...even sites where the author has written out text like four pages wide! This particular site seems to be one of the worse offenders and Opera formats it with ease. Me likey. Will explore making the switch. If they handle bookmarks/favorites well, I'm in.
    07-28-2016 12:47 PM