My moto care experience

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Just thought I'd share since I've read some horror stories.
I bought my phone in September of last year and did buy the Moto care since I've never bought at $400 phone before this one.
A couple of weeks ago, I knocked my phone off my bathroom counter and shattered it. On a Friday night no less.

I filed a claim that night, printed out the FedEx label they sent me and shipped my phone to Texas the next day. It took a couple of days bc it's ground shipping.
They said turnaround time would be 7-10 business days and I was worried that meant three weeks.
They work fast though! Within 9 days of the drop, I had my original phone back with a new screen.
The bamboo back was different though, and the first night I noticed that the led flash on my phone was a lemon yellow shade and very dull. I don't know if they misaligned the back or what.
I called the next day and they had me email pics of the problem. They sent me a code for a new phone via the Motorola website, the day after.
I ordered it, and it said it was backordered, but it showed up four days after building it again with moto maker.
All in all, I'm a little miffed that I ruined a memory card by installing in in the messed up phone they sent me back (my original phone), but overall happy with their customer service. I talked to the same customer service rep two days in a row and she seemed to be in the US, which was nice too.

TL;DR I'm not mad. Turnaround not too bad, customer service reps know what they're doing.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Nice to hear! I have to file a warranty claim for my wife's MXPE and am worried about it going poorly.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Something tells me the one you got back the first time wasn't the same phone.

When you say the bamboo was different, do you mean the whole piece was a different back? That's weird if they played it off like it wasn't a refurbished unit.

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
The whole back was different. It was dinged in the same places my original phone was dinged on the frame, but the bamboo and red accent were different.
The imei's matched up though. The customer service rep said they would have had to replace the back to repair it, which makes sense to me.
Hope your claim is as easy as mine was!
Honestly, even though it took some time, it was pretty painless and I was able to use the refurb phone til the new one showed up.

Posted via the Android Central App