Hey guys, I currently have a 32GB SD card as an internal storage right now. I want to get a 64GB card. What do I need to do to make it happen? I have apps and media files in this card.
    Do I need to move those files back to the actual phone storage then swap cards? I don't think my phone storage is enough to cover my SD card data.

Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    08-19-2016 02:20 PM
    Using the SD card as internal storage is a good idea but can cause problems. The thing is that when you formated into internal, it told you that anything put onto the SD card can only be read by the system or something like that so really your only option is to put what you can on the internal. Try clearing up internal storage space by clearing cache for everything. Hope this helps!
    08-20-2016 01:38 AM
    You should revert your existing card back to portable storage, then adopt the new card... It's a terrible method but it works if you have enough space.

Otherwise, backup, factory reset, insert new card and adopt it, and restore.
    08-21-2016 06:51 PM
    You can connect your phone to a computer and copy your data before making the switch.
    08-21-2016 08:45 PM
    You can connect your phone to a computer and copy your data before making the switch.
    OP is using it as adopted storage, you can't just copy and paste the files.
    08-22-2016 09:05 AM
    OP is using it as adopted storage, you can't just copy and paste the files.
    Do you know this as a fact?
    I have the SD in my MXPE set as portable so I've never tested it. However, I have used USB to transfer files to and from adopted SD storage on both my HTC 10 and HTC One A9.
    08-22-2016 04:26 PM
    Do you know this as a fact?
    I have the SD in my MXPE set as portable so I've never tested it. However, I have used USB to transfer files to and from adopted SD storage on both my HTC 10 and HTC One A9.
    Yes, the mounting changes... The new SD card will have a new name when it's encrypted and mounted. Android expects certain files to be certain places relative to that name, if you just copy and paste the files they won't be where Android expects them to be. You have to convert the adopted storage to portable storage, then insert the new card and adopt it, then migrate data back or restore it.
    08-22-2016 05:02 PM
    Yes, the mounting changes... The new SD card will have a new name when it's encrypted and mounted. Android expects certain files to be certain places relative to that name, if you just copy and paste the files they won't be where Android expects them to be. You have to convert the adopted storage to portable storage, then insert the new card and adopt it, then migrate data back or restore it.
    Sure, as far as apps and system files but I'm referring to media and text files.
    08-22-2016 05:18 PM
    Sure, as far as apps and system files but I'm referring to media and text files.
    Those can just be copy and pasted, yes.
    08-22-2016 05:18 PM