01-29-2017 04:20 PM
78 1234
tools
    They probably were assumptions, but I'm curious to know why so many people assumed that updates would happen expeditiously. I suppose because the phone has very little added software people made the assumption that because Nexus devices updated quickly, this phone would update quickly too. I was among that crowd.

There are so many vulnerabilities that phones are exposed to, one would think that updates would occur more frequently than they have on this device. I own an S7 Edge on Verizon and will likely see 7.1.1 this month. I'm excited to see what the update will bring. It are the security updates that aren't occurring that concern me.
    But since there haven't been any threats that actually take advantage of those vulnerabilities, the urgency to patch them isn't there.

And there are current/2016 phones ahead of the Moto X from 2015 on Motorola's (internal) update schedule.
    01-02-2017 11:23 AM
    Just saw that the DT2 just got some bluetooth certification for Nougat, hopefully we won't be far behind.

Though I expect Nougat way before I depart this phone for my new one later this year, and it was mentioned today in a release from Samsung. This fall can't get here quick enough.
    01-03-2017 11:11 AM
    Does the Moto Pure 2016 have notification volume issues? My Moto z force does and I was thinking of returning it for a Pure, as I'm still within the 14 return period.
    01-03-2017 11:45 AM
    Does the Moto Pure 2016 have notification volume issues? My Moto z force does and I was thinking of returning it for a Pure, as I'm still within the 14 return period.
    There is no Moto Pure 2016.
    01-03-2017 12:09 PM
    OK, clearly I don't know too much about the phones. Ty for the correction. Does the Pure 2015(?) have the same or similar issues with notification volume as myself and others are experiencing with the Moto z Force? Also I have been informed here there is a fix coming for this low notification issue. Does this community trust that will happen? I'm a skeptic but I'd like to keep my phone if this fix is mostly going to work. Just nervous as time is running out for me to return. Any help or guidance is appreciated.
    01-03-2017 12:33 PM
    OK, clearly I don't know too much about the phones. Ty for the correction. Does the Pure 2015(?) have the same or similar issues with notification volume as myself and others are experiencing with the Moto z Force? Also I have been informed here there is a fix coming for this low notification issue. Does this community trust that will happen? I'm a skeptic but I'd like to keep my phone if this fix is mostly going to work. Just nervous as time is running out for me to return. Any help or guidance is appreciated.
    It does not.
    01-03-2017 12:49 PM
    A few of us have issues with low notification volume even if the slider is set to max. The best I can figure is that it has to do with bluetooth devices as I don't have issues if I don't use my bluetooth. A safe boot is the only way I've found to manually fix it, otherwise it comes and goes after connecting to different bluetooth devices.
    Shugacookie likes this.
    01-03-2017 07:02 PM
    My wife and I recently noticed this problem of very low volume for the notification sound on the MXPE that I bought her for Christmas. My MXPE hasn't exhibited the same issue, but unlike me she uses bluetooth to connect her phone in the car for hands-free use. Based on a brief search to determine whether there is a solution for the problem, I learned that while a software fix may be forthcoming, there is a free app called "Disable Increasing Ring" available in the Play Store that worked for some MXPE users. So I installed it on her phone this evening, followed the simple instructions, and so far it seems to have resolved the issue -- I sent a couple of text messages to test the notification sound, and it came through at full volume (actually louder than normal) even with bluetoooth activated. I can't offer any assurances that it will work for others, but it did for us.
    01-03-2017 11:30 PM
    My wife and I recently noticed this problem of very low volume for the notification sound on the MXPE that I bought her for Christmas. My MXPE hasn't exhibited the same issue, but unlike me she uses bluetooth to connect her phone in the car for hands-free use. Based on a brief search to determine whether there is a solution for the problem, I learned that while a software fix may be forthcoming, there is a free app called "Disable Increasing Ring" available in the Play Store that worked for some MXPE users. So I installed it on her phone this evening, followed the simple instructions, and so far it seems to have resolved the issue -- I sent a couple of text messages to test the notification sound, and it came through at full volume (actually louder than normal) even with bluetoooth activated. I can't offer any assurances that it will work for others, but it did for us.
    Is this the app that you are talking about: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...singring&hl=en

I wonder if the bug is that it's playing the alert sounds, and not just the ringtones, as increasing and that's why they play so quietly. If you had a really long alert sound (like 3 seconds) you could hear it getting louder as it plays.
    01-04-2017 06:04 PM
    Used it for 11 months straight. Never had the issue.
    01-04-2017 08:15 PM
    Is this the app that you are talking about: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...singring&hl=en

I wonder if the bug is that it's playing the alert sounds, and not just the ringtones, as increasing and that's why they play so quietly. If you had a really long alert sound (like 3 seconds) you could hear it getting louder as it plays.
    The link in your message isn't working for me, but that appears to be the correct app based on the url. Since I installed it on my wife's phone, her notification sound has been loud and clear. I should note that the app has also affected her phone ringtone -- it no longer increases in volume when initiated, but is immediately at full volume.
    01-05-2017 10:40 AM
    I beg your pardon. There should have been posts on the subject from before July 2016. I could find none in a search even using Duck. Posts can be hidden from a search. I have my post from a Moto forum last spring, so I know there were posts from 2015 in a search. I went 3 pages deep and found nothing but reiterations from June/July 2016 on.

Moto did state that they were going to be current in their updates. I know that the Droid was specific to Verizon, I don't know which carrier sold the others.

The Moto X Pure has disappeared from the list of phones in GSMarena. Why? The Play is there, other phones from the same year are there. The Pure was a NA phone and did have TMO band 12. The Play does not.

Here's a post from GSMarena about updates:
    Moto X Pure Edition (2015) is now receiving the May security update - GSMArena.com news

I think I did see that updates were to be current as with Google's on this phone in the GSMarena from NOV 2015 to FEB 2016 info. I read and reread all the specs to make sure I wanted the phone.I bought it in Feb 2016.

Whether it did or not, TMO could have asked that some of the X Pure info be edited. It did have the 900 band (12) but only TMO specific phones had wifi calling. There was confusion over that on TMO sites.
    There were other phones also that had the band and no wifi calling. One of the Huaweis, One Plus, to name a couple. Some of us did understand about wifi calling and didn't care, but most people did not understand that having band 12 did not guarantee wifi calling. It would have been to TMO's advantage to delete the info to avoid confusion.
    01-13-2017 03:30 PM
    I beg your pardon. There should have been posts on the subject from before July 2016. I could find none in a search even using Duck. Posts can be hidden from a search. I have my post from a Moto forum last spring, so I know there were posts from 2015 in a search. I went 3 pages deep and found nothing but reiterations from June/July 2016 on.

Moto did state that they were going to be current in their updates. I know that the Droid was specific to Verizon, I don't know which carrier sold the others.

The Moto X Pure has disappeared from the list of phones in GSMarena. Why? The Play is there, other phones from the same year are there. The Pure was a NA phone and did have TMO band 12. The Play does not.

Here's a post from GSMarena about updates:
    Moto X Pure Edition (2015) is now receiving the May security update - GSMArena.com news

I think I did see that updates were to be current as with Google's on this phone in the GSMarena from NOV 2015 to FEB 2016 info. I read and reread all the specs to make sure I wanted the phone.I bought it in Feb 2016.

Whether it did or not, TMO could have asked that some of the X Pure info be edited. It did have the 900 band (12) but only TMO specific phones had wifi calling. There was confusion over that on TMO sites.
    There were other phones also that had the band and no wifi calling. One of the Huaweis, One Plus, to name a couple. Some of us did understand about wifi calling and didn't care, but most people did not understand that having band 12 did not guarantee wifi calling. It would have been to TMO's advantage to delete the info to avoid confusion.
    Motorola says the Moto X Pure Edition is on their list of phones that will get Nougat.
    01-13-2017 03:52 PM
    The Moto X Pure has disappeared from the list of phones in GSMarena. Why?
    Android 7 Nougat for the Moto X Pure Edition-screenshot_20170114-060808.jpg
    01-14-2017 09:12 AM
    well, that was quite the rant.
    01-16-2017 03:54 PM
    well, that was quite the rant.
    All these other phones, starting to get Nougat,...really pi$$es me off... OK, my rant is done!
    01-17-2017 08:03 AM
    All these other phones, starting to get Nougat,...really pi$$es me off... OK, my rant is done!
    The Moto X is old.
    01-17-2017 05:19 PM
    The Moto X is old.
    My mother is old...MXPE is still a baby... Lol
    Even my 2013 N7 slab has 6.01... My original Turbo has 6.01... Nexus 6 has 7... Hell, even my cheap a$$ LG tab I got for free from T-MO got 7.0 last week... Samsung carrier phones from S5 up are ahead of us... Moto G...Lg's, Sony's, HTC.. all have at least 6.01....
    I'm not asking for too much, am I????
    01-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Even my 2013 N7 slab has 6.01... My original Turbo has 6.01... Nexus 6 has 7... Hell, even my cheap a$$ LG tab I got for free from T-MO got 7.0 last week... Samsung carrier phones from S5 up are ahead of us... Moto G...Lg's, Sony's, HTC.. all have at least 6.01....
    My Moto G 2015 only has 6.0, not 6.0.1

What's new in Android Marshmallow 6.0.1?

Emoji's? Haven't noticed I was missing anything
    Camera Shortcut (double tap power)? Eh... OK
    Tablet UI? Eh... Another one I would never use
    Do Not Disturb until xx:xx? This one might be useful, I have used DND like 4 times in the last year, so it could get used.
    Security updates? Well, those would be nice but they are really just a marketing gimmick to look good in the eyes of the public. Android has lots of other ways to thwart most security vulnerabilities, there are few vulnerabilities for which there are actually exploits.
    PapaGary likes this.
    01-17-2017 09:03 PM
    My bad... Just trying to make a point.
    01-17-2017 09:40 PM
    The Moto Zs and Moto G4s are ahead of it.
    01-17-2017 10:04 PM
    01-20-2017 07:32 AM
    Still means I will have Nougat on my MXP before I retire it for a Note this fall, for a couple months anyway.
    01-20-2017 01:09 PM
    ..or as early as April.
    01-20-2017 01:23 PM
    ..or as early as April.
    or never.....
    01-20-2017 01:34 PM
78 1234