Android 7 Nougat for the Moto X Pure Edition

spwexler

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Now thinking I want the moto z play. Like the finger print reader, better battery and availability of cases and accessories.

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: When will we get Nougat?

What are the nougat features? I sure hope they fix the stupid ring and notification volume control issues.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

What are the nougat features? I sure hope they fix the stupid ring and notification volume control issues.
These wouldn't really fall under "features"... more along the line of bug fixes.

Features are well known and defined, a simple Google search will get you tons of articles describing the features of Android 7.0.

As far as what Moto may or not fix... who knows, it is just to early to tell.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site

Lenovo could also skip 7.0 and go to 7.1 directly, especially when the release dates are quite closer..this basically means a delayed release for all devices.

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

No one bothers with all the pros and CONS of Nougat. Witness the confusion of the SD card with Marshmallow.

It looks like around December from something I read on another site.

I really need to know before update so I can refuse if I don't agree.

RK928

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It's December 20. Where's Nougat?

I thought Motorola said we'd get Nougat in the 4th quarter? Only 11 days left, I'm not holding my breath. This really stinks, it seems like they are deliberately bypassing the Moto X Pure Edition, I'm not happy. Not even a security update since May. I don't want to spend $700.00 or whatever on a Pixel, but apparently that's the only way to get updates. Stinks.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: It's December 20. Where's Nougat?

I thought Motorola said we'd get Nougat in the 4th quarter? Only 11 days left, I'm not holding my breath. This really stinks, it seems like they are deliberately bypassing the Moto X Pure Edition, I'm not happy.

Here's a link to Motorola's Official blog post where they list out which phones are planned to receive an update to Nougat: N is for Nougat: Android 7.0 is coming to your favorite Moto phones - The Official Motorola Blog

Here's what they specifically said about Q4:

We’re happy to confirm Android 7.0 Nougat is on its way to a lot of our smartphones, we’ll be starting in Q4 with Moto Z and Moto G (4th Gen).

The third gen Moto X has multiple versions of the first gen Moto Zs and fourth gen Moto Gs ahead of it.

Not even a security update since May.

Looks like the September 2016 patch is (slowly) rolling out now: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo...september-1-2016-security-patch-new-post.html

I don't want to spend $700.00 or whatever on a Pixel, but apparently that's the only way to get updates. Stinks.

You could spend less on a Nexus 6P or Nexus 5X. I'll repeat, if OS updates and monthly security patches are important to you, Pixel and Nexus are your only options.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
You could spend less on a Nexus 6P or Nexus 5X. I'll repeat, if OS updates and monthly security patches are important to you, Pixel and Nexus are your only options.

HTC has been doing a fantastic job on updates for the past year.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

For now.

A Moto Z Droid or Moto Z Force Droid specifically. Verizon model have received the Nougat updates before unlocked, non-carrier Moto Zs.

Verizon putting out any update, let alone an Android version before anyone else? That's some kind of world record!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Verizon putting out any update, let alone an Android version before anyone else? That's some kind of world record!

Not really. The first gen Moto X for Verizon was one of the first phones to get KitKat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user