Still a good buy?

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Just bought mine today.. well the style anyway (UK), which I swapped my G5 for... for the awesome speakers and display.. Ill miss the Manual camera of the G5, however, the "X" camera is pretty good actually :) plus theres Manual Cam apps on Play store..

Plus Im sick of spending £100s on phones, but according to what ive read, both the Style and the Pure are getting Android N.. Feb / March 17 :)

https://motog3.com/motorola-android-7-0-nougat-update/

Lets just hope we get 601 and security updates in that time too as the last Security was May :)

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Motorola has yet to confirm Android N for the Pure. That is all speculation at this point. I agree the display and speakers are great though but that display is at the cost of battery life. You will notice quite a bit of difference between the G5 and Moto X Style in battery performance.

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Motorola has yet to confirm Android N for the Pure. That is all speculation at this point. I agree the display and speakers are great though but that display is at the cost of battery life. You will notice quite a bit of difference between the G5 and Moto X Style in battery performance.

Yeah, I read a bit further into the update... and they use the words "might be" quite alot on alot of these Android N sites..

Well Im interested to see performance, but I found the G5 display a little bit to dim and too small for me.. Im not sure which website LG got their "5.3 is the sweet spot EVERYBODY wants.." data from.. but I wouldnt say that.. for me and general impression you get is its 5.5" or above..

Im also attracted by the camera and how it performs (I dont follow YouTube camera part of the reviews.. Most YouTube reviewers couldnt tell the difference between ISO and Exposure.. so.. i tend not to take that bit too seriously), i like that you have an Exposure setting, which to me is all you need really and the move to focus is quite unique..

I did use a 6P, but it has no SDCard so i couldnt have musicand HD video on the phone and the 64 and 128 GB variants are all but extinct here in UK, unless you buy New for fulll price, while the 6P speakers were very good and loud... I always felt they sounded alot thinner compared to the fatter, fuller and even louder "x" speakers, however, the G5 speaker is surprisingly good, loud and full sound for a little single speaker.. but doesnt compare to dual fromt facing ones..

Anyway.. looking forward to enjoying my Style, I just hope Lennovo keep updating it.. maybe 601 before N hopfully :)

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I read a bit further into the update... and they use the words "might be" quite alot on alot of these Android N sites..

Well Im interested to see performance, but I found the G5 display a little bit to dim and too small for me.. Im not sure which website LG got their "5.3 is the sweet spot EVERYBODY wants.." data from.. but I wouldnt say that.. for me and general impression you get is its 5.5" or above..

Im also attracted by the camera and how it performs (I dont follow YouTube camera part of the reviews.. Most YouTube reviewers couldnt tell the difference between ISO and Exposure.. so.. i tend not to take that bit too seriously), i like that you have an Exposure setting, which to me is all you need really and the move to focus is quite unique..

I did use a 6P, but it has no SDCard so i couldnt have musicand HD video on the phone and the 64 and 128 GB variants are all but extinct here in UK, unless you buy New for fulll price, while the 6P speakers were very good and loud... I always felt they sounded alot thinner compared to the fatter, fuller and even louder "x" speakers, however, the G5 speaker is surprisingly good, loud and full sound for a little single speaker.. but doesnt compare to dual fromt facing ones..

Anyway.. looking forward to enjoying my Style, I just hope Lennovo keep updating it.. maybe 601 before N hopfully :)

I liked mine pretty well, the performance isn't like that of the g5 or 6p, but for the money, it's hard to beat. As far as updates go, imo it won't be any less of a phone without nougat.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
If you do not play games much, absolutely. The 808 struggles due to the gimped gpu and runs hot even being a gimped 810.

Great device for everything but much gaming. The device chokes some in that case. 808 is not a very efficient chip due to the gpu.

The 808 May struggle in the x pure, but it doesn't on the v10. The v10 is the quickest phone I've seen in a while.

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I used a G4 with an 808 for months and never had any issues with it, loved the camera and IMO.. its better than the G5, especially running MM on the G4.. I must be honest, being a bit of a Media hound (movies, Musicand documents) I dont usually play games, but if i do the only games I run are puzzler style... like CandyCrush or AngryBirds... and even then I have to be really REALLY bored.. hehe...

From the impression I get from tech sites and YouTube.. it would seem that consumers are starting to wake up and realise that you dont need to spend 100s upon 100 £ or $ on a Samsung or Apple or HTC to have a powerful phone, the likes of ZTE, One Plus, Huawei, Motorola and others are turning out awesome phones under $600 £500... I just hope SS / Apple and others start realising this

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I used a G4 with an 808 for months and never had any issues with it, loved the camera and IMO.. its better than the G5, especially running MM on the G4.. I must be honest, being a bit of a Media hound (movies, Musicand documents) I dont usually play games, but if i do the only games I run are puzzler style... like CandyCrush or AngryBirds... and even then I have to be really REALLY bored.. hehe...

From the impression I get from tech sites and YouTube.. it would seem that consumers are starting to wake up and realise that you dont need to spend 100s upon 100 £ or $ on a Samsung or Apple or HTC to have a powerful phone, the likes of ZTE, One Plus, Huawei, Motorola and others are turning out awesome phones under $600 £500... I just hope SS / Apple and others start realising this

Yeah, my v10 is very quick, and played any game I threw at fine (on the rare occasion). I will say this though, I think Samsung phones are highly overrated, and any one I had up to the note 5, ran like **** after a few short weeks.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Came from a mxpe gen 2 to a n5x and will have a mxpe 3rd gen in a few weeks. The 2nd gen did have battery issues but if i just kept it plugged in it was fine but did get warm. I like the n5x. its good looking. Love the fingerprint reader..but the reception, sound quality, BT, and wifi are subpar to the 2nd gen mxpe. I paid $300 for the 32g mxpe.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The second gen GSM Unlocked Moto X XT1095 was also referred to as a Pure Edition.
I'm pretty sure that the only model that came in a Motorola box that said Moto X Pure Edition was the XT1575. I sort of remember that they used the description "Pure Edition" in advertising the second generation Moto X.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that the only model that came in a Motorola box that said Moto X Pure Edition was the XT1575. I sort of remember that they used the description "Pure Edition" in advertising the second generation Moto X.

0Ij3HVH.jpg

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
thing is that the 1053 and 1095 could be deemed as "pure editions" since they were in fact carrier/brand free running the latest android OS.ed. This 1575 will be my 3rd moto x having owned the 1st and 2nd versions. Not to mention the price is really good..

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I had an unlocked 2014 Moto X. It was marketed as the "pure edition" to differentiate it from the carrier branded models.