Media pauses automatically?

AryanG

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes, media on my phone will pause automatically. It happens to everything, from YouTube to SoundCloud to VLC media player. It will simply pause. I have no idea what's causing it.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes, media on my phone will pause automatically. It happens to everything, from YouTube to SoundCloud to VLC media player. It will simply pause. I have no idea what's causing it.

I listen to Pandora linked by bluetooth to my Bose system and it will always stop playing after 30 minutes or so. By pressing the power button to wake it up it starts back up. But this is the only phone that does this. Some kind of a quirk. Sounds similar to your issue. Sorry, no help, but in the same boat.

AryanG

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I listen to Pandora linked by bluetooth to my Bose system and it will always stop playing after 30 minutes or so. By pressing the power button to wake it up it starts back up. But this is the only phone that does this. Some kind of a quirk. Sounds similar to your issue. Sorry, no help, but in the same boat.
It seems like you have some type of sleep timer on. Maybe look into that.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
It seems like you have some type of sleep timer on. Maybe look into that.

Nah, that's not it, but thanks for the thought.
A timer would cut it off. If I look at the screen the song indicator is spinning as if in a signal search, but there is plenty wifi signal. A touch of the power/wake button and it takes right off again. It may be the same issue the OP is having.

OP, does a press of your power button start it up again?

Funny thing is it will play for hours just fine when not paired to the Bose, just as a stand alone, yet the bluetooth connection is never lost when paired either. Gremlins!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is Android System Webview up to date? If not, make sure it is. If it is, try uninstalling its updates (since Android System Webview updates have been known to cause some glitches on certain phones).

AryanG

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Nah, that's not it, but thanks for the thought.
A timer would cut it off. If I look at the screen the song indicator is spinning as if in a signal search, but there is plenty wifi signal. A touch of the power/wake button and it takes right off again. It may be the same issue the OP is having.

OP, does a press of your power button start it up again?

Funny thing is it will play for hours just fine when not paired to the Bose, just as a stand alone, yet the bluetooth connection is never lost when paired either. Gremlins!
Nope. The power button has no effect on mine

AryanG

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Is Android System Webview up to date? If not, make sure it is. If it is, try uninstalling its updates (since Android System Webview updates have been known to cause some glitches on certain phones).
I just tried that. Hope it works. Only time will tell.

AryanG

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it can be pretty tedious. Unless you have some idea of what it might be, you may just have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7