Hello to all. I just purchase an X Pure from Best Buy and was able to pick it up new at $225. Is this a good buy do you guys think? Also can the back shell color be changed out? Lastly anyone have any advice on the Pure you could throw my way. I'd greatly appreciate it. Doesn't seem like 5.7 inches. Am I correct on the screen size? So far I'm just updating it and haven't had a chance to dig into it yet. Any advice would be appreciated!
    09-10-2016 08:27 PM
    I know it costs more, but I'd have gotten one customized from Moto Maker. Those colors would really make it look great.
    09-10-2016 08:43 PM
    You got a great deal! Enjoy the phone.
    09-10-2016 08:44 PM
    Thanks guys! Makes me feel better on buying it. Best buy has given me two good deals as of late over some poor customer service. I was bad enough that I got the head manager involved which takes a lot to get me there. Anyway I got a Sony Experia X for $199 and it's supposedly a $549 phone then this X Pure for $225. I've been battling Verizon as of late over some billing issues so I played it safe and picked two unlocked phones and went to cricket until I can get Verizon to own up and credit me correctly.

So the black back on my X Pure can't be replaced with a Real shell or will I have to order a skin for another color? By the way to his phone doesn't feel like or seem like a 5.7 screen. I have the Droid Z Force and it's 5.5 and looks larger??
    09-10-2016 09:16 PM
    Congrats on a nice phone. I've had it for a year. It has a great form factor and is indeed a 5.7" screen. It can struggle with graphics intensive games, but overall performs well. Very nice screen, although it's a battery hog. The Z Force form factor is not as good, but its battery is much better and is much better with memory management. The camera is superior on the Force, but the front speakers on the Pure are better than the Force's one.

Unfortunately the Pure back cover is not replaceable unless you're adventurous and handy.
    09-10-2016 09:55 PM
    The back cover is held in place by lots of adhesive like the N6 and isn't meant to be removed. Get a dbrand or slickwraps skin.
    benjamminh likes this.
    09-10-2016 10:06 PM
    Does Dbrand make a skin for the X Pure? I'll check into that. Did Motorola update the software to Marshmallow or is it still stuck on 5.1?
    09-10-2016 10:27 PM
    Pure is on marshmallow 6.0 and May security update. Hopefully it will get Nougat.
    09-10-2016 10:50 PM
    Yep, under Moto X Style. Just ordered mine two days ago.
    09-10-2016 11:09 PM
    Cool! I'm about to order a red back. Probably carbon fiber red and matte blue for the accent. Nothing to the front.
    benjamminh likes this.
    09-10-2016 11:23 PM
    Best buy has given me two good deals as of late over some poor customer service. I was bad enough that I got the head manager involved which takes a lot to get me there.
    <snip>
    I've been battling Verizon as of late over some billing issues so I played it safe and picked two unlocked phones and went to cricket until I can get Verizon to own up and credit me correctly.
    Wow, it sounds like you have plenty of bad luck with customer service!
    09-10-2016 11:45 PM
    I agree. Pretty much how it is these days. I wonder at times how some people actually hold a job or are allowed to with attitudes and rudeness. I'm very nice until I'm crossed and I guess that's why I ended up getting these two phones for a good price. I would have gladly paid what they were selling for had the sales associate been nice to me but after that I demanded the very top person. Only then was I taken care of and I made him service me from beginning to end. Not anyone else. The terrible part is that associate still works there so no wonder they acted so rude. They don't care bc management doesn't stay involved. Everything stems from the top in pretty much all business. No way I could have been in biz for myself had I had this persons attitude and rudeness for the last 16 years. Typical these days sadly. On the bright side I got a couple nice devices for cheap! I don't go in best buy much anymore now unless I really need something. I needed this X Pure and I went in and said I need to speak to the head guy again. I won't allow anyone else to help me. He really didn't have to give me a good deal today and I didn't ask for it. He just did it. Now the Sony I got for $199 that retails for $549. I was fuming mad and he offered that up to keep me quiet over that rude associate lol. I don't play when it comes to pure disrespect lol
    Joe Zambito likes this.
    09-11-2016 12:21 AM